|This is a featured article.|
|“||Sorry for keeping you waiting Adam. Let's go home.||„|
Commander Adam Malkovich's helmet is the headgear that the Galactic Federation commander wears when in his battle armor. His helmet is identical to that of his soldiers, as it is blue in color, with a 07 logo on the forehead and the nape of the neck, and red emblems on the sides, as well as a yellow visor that can be lifted up.
At the beginning of Metroid: Other M, Adam can be seen wearing the helmet like the rest of his team. However, as he briefs the group, he can be seen with it off. He took it off and left it beside his communication device as he briefed the team. When racing to Sector Zero, he left the helmet behind.
Adam later died in the sector. Days after the incident, Samus Aran returned to the BOTTLE SHIP to "rescue something that can't be replaced." Samus was forced to take a detour as the Elevator that would take her to the BOTTLE SHIP Control Room's top floor was not working. She quickly took the alternate path and reached her goal before the station's destruction. She removed her Power Suit and held the helmet in a tender moment. During the five-minute countdown, Samus holds the helmet as she escapes in her Zero Suit. As she reaches her Gunship, she turns to the helmet and calls it "Adam", apologizing for leaving "him" behind earlier.
It is unknown what happened to the helmet after Other M, or if it even survived the destruction of Samus's gunship in Metroid Fusion. Adam's mind was somehow preserved for the game in the form of her new computer CO, that turned out to be Adam near the end of the game.
- Before the post-credits sequence, there are multiple hints that foreshadow the return for Adam's helmet:
- Although he is seen wearing it at the beginning of the game, his profile in the Characters sub-menu shows him with his helmet off in his mugshot;
- During the briefing, Adam is not wearing it;
- And finally, as stated, he left it behind when rushing off to Sector Zero.
- Out of all soldier helmets, Adam's is the only one left fully intact after Metroid: Other M, as Anthony's had its marks burned off, James' visor was shattered, Lyle's had splinters in numerous parts of the visor, Maurice's was frozen over and K.G.'s was cremated along with him.
- Samus is so unwilling to let go of the helmet that she will still be holding it even if she is killed.
- The helmet is used on the Samus Data Screen to indicate which file has completed the entire game, and not just the events up to the post-credits.
- Another similarity to the Alien film series exists with the helmet, in that Ripley returns to the hive to rescue Newt just before the hive is scheduled to be destroyed. She also carries it with her during the escape similar to Ripley's cat, Jones, in Alien, and Newt in Aliens.
- The helmet, as an item, has no properties, except for possibly preventing Samus from always carrying the Paralyzer due to her need for a free hand in the theory that she will need to grab onto a ledge or Wall Jump.
- The helmet is an accessory for the Zero Suit Samus Figma.
|Galactic Federation 07th Platoon|
|Members||Commander Adam Malkovich • Anthony Higgs • Lyle Smithsonian • Maurice Favreau • James Pierce/Deleter • K.G. Misawa • Samus Aran|
|Equipment||Freeze Gun • Plasma Gun • Galactic Federation Power Suit • Adam's helmet • Galactic Federation Military Transport Hygieia • Battle Rifle • Machine Gun • Assault Rifle|
|Features of Samus Aran's Gunship|
|Personal||Adam's helmet • Chozo biotech computer • Data records • Logbook • Mii Bobblehead • Samus Screen • Ship Bumper Stickers • In the Cockpit • Music player|
|Armaments||Plasma Beam • Power Beam • Ship Grapple Beam • Ship Missile Launcher • Gunship Multiball • Bunker-Busting Annihilator • Gunship|
|Mission features|| Auto-repair function • Biohazard scanner • Blast Shield • Bombing Run • Command Visor • Commander Adam Malkovich • Cryostasis • Emergency Evacuation Pod |
Heads-Up Display • Helm controls • Landing Gear Legs • Missile Station • Recharge Station • Save Station • Tetra Galaxy Scan Screen • Transmission console • B-Unit
|Cargo||Theronian Bomb (1st piece • 2nd piece • 3rd piece) • Colossal War Golem|
|Passengers||Baby • Anthony Higgs • Dr. Madeline Bergman • Commander Adam Malkovich (computerized) • Dachoras • Etecoons|