Samus battles a standard and Shield Pirate Militia in the Jousting Field, Bryyo Thorn Jungle.
|Featured in||Metroid Prime 3: Corruption|
|Known locales||Deployed on Norion, Bryyo and Elysia|
|Known worlds||Space Pirate Homeworld|
|Behavior||Sentient aggressor, submissive|
|Distinctions||Lack most standard Pirate weaponry and equipment.|
|Attacks||Beam, Scythe, Hypermode|
|Weakness(es)||Weak overall, Phazon based-attacks whilst in Hypermode.|
Militia are mostly composed of criminals and slaves. Despite this, they obey their superiors surprisingly well. This is attributed to a rumour that disobedient militia often end up as dinner for higher-ranking Pirates. The Pirate Cargo Drone seems to possess a Militia's head, which could be another cruel punishment among Pirates.
Oddly, their scans state that they are not Phazon-enhanced, yet they are capable of entering Hypermode. However, this is somewhat plausible, as seen in the case of the PED Troopers, who do not have any actual Phazon enhancements to their bodies but instead use an external Phazon supply. This could also be true in the case of the Pirate Militia, though the source of this supply is not visible in their armor. Also, while the render of the Pirate Militia (in the gallery) does not contain a single trace of Phazon, their model during gameplay portray them with Phazon-coated bodies (the same is also true of the officially released artwork of the Pirate Troopers).
Several types of Militia exist in Corruption. Despite having armor and shields, Militia are still very weak.
These standard Militia units are equipped with weaker beam weaponry than their Trooper brethren. They have a retractable energy scythe for close combat. They lack the Phazon enhancements that standard troopers bear, but seem to have been corrupted anyway (possibly because of the Leviathan impacting their Homeworld). They are also without the new Dash-Jet system and EMP grenades. This made them very vulnerable; they could be dispatched simply with a Charged Beam shot.
Compared to other types of Space Pirates, Militias have very little skin or muscle mass, possibly a result from malnutrition.
Their metal limbs, single-bladed scythes, and shoulder rings are reminiscent of the standard Space Pirate type from Prime, as opposed to the more insectoid and clawed troopers of Echoes and Corruption.
Shield Pirate MilitiaEdit
Shield Pirate Militia are Pirate Militia equipped with the Shield Pirate Trooper's energy shield. The shield protects the user from most small arms fire, but it can be ripped off using the Grapple Lasso or destroyed with Hypermode attacks, which turn the Shield Pirate Militia back into a standard Militia. The Pirate's energy can also be drained using the Grapple Voltage. They also need to lower the shield to shoot their guns, so it is possible for Samus to avoid the attack and quickly shoot the Pirate while it is exposed, before it lifts the shield again.
Armored Pirate MilitiaEdit
The Armored Pirate Militia are Pirate Militia equipped with beam-resistant armor, although the armor is vulnerable to Missile attacks. Militia possess a lesser muscular bulk than that of the standard Pirate Trooper, so little that the standard Trooper armor looks too big for them. Although their armor is said to be beam-proof, in actuality it is only moderately effective against them and can actually be shattered with a few Charge Beam shots, which is useful when fighting them before the Missile Launcher has been obtained or if Samus is low on Missiles.
- The mechanical-looking bodies of these pirates resemble Ghor's.
- Scans reveal that disobedient Pirate Militias are rumored to end up as "dinner" for higher ranking Pirates. Disturbingly, this implies that the Space Pirates are not at all above Cannibalism.
- These groups are stated to be composed of criminals, though all Pirates are technically criminals. This indicates that the Pirates have their own set of rules, not unlike many real-life organized crime groups.
- Oddly enough, the Militia seems taller than the Pirate Trooper despite being run-down criminals and expendable units.
- Pirate Militias are seen using Hyper Mode although their scans mention that Militias do not receive any Phazon enhancements of some sort. This, however, only occurs in higher difficulties.
- A Militia is a military group of armed, ordinary civilians, implying that the Pirate Militias - being composed slaves and criminals, are simply given weapons and forced into combat.
- While not a militiaman, one Space Pirate in the Super Metroid comic was underfed similarly to Pirate Militia.
|Berserker-G | Aerotrooper-G | Swarmbot-G | Rundas-G | Ghor-G | Samus-G | Pirate Militia | NZG41 | Reptilicus-G|