Alinos was once a very lush and thriving planet full of life, albeit a volcanic one with a very high temperature that was used for geothermal energy. Sometime in Alinos' history it was inhabited by the race known as the Alimbics, who built structures throughout the planet. During this time, the Alimbics began construction of a mighty weapon known as the Alimbic Cannon. Eventually, the planet's core exploded, devastating the structures and features of the Alimbic world. It is unknown how such an incident occurred.
Complete Map of Alinos: 
Alinos is intertwined with cracks and fissures from its shattered crust. Each crack reveals canyons filled with lava and heat that further penetrate into the planet's core. Various ruins of the ancient Alimbic civilization have also surprisingly survived the planet's violent past.
Most of the planet's original inhabitants may have become extinct due to the explosion of the planet's core. What life that did survive the catastrophe may be different from its original form. The creatures that now inhabit the new Alinos have adapted to survive the planet's new environment. Constant spewing of lava has caused many creatures to seek refuge within the many intertwining canyons of the planet, as well as within the ancient ruins themselves.
"The once-beautiful planet of ALINOS, home to the ALIMBIC ELDERS, has fallen into disrepair since the explosion of the planet's core."
Alinos (The Volcanic Ruin)
"This planet's ulta-high temperature once provided power for an Alinos city. In the ruins, visible reminders of their civilization can be seen."
- Psycho Bit v1.0
- Psycho Bit v3.0
- War Wasp
- Alimbic Turret v1.0
- Fire Spawn
- Magma Voldrum
- Ice Voldrum
- Slench 2A
- Slench 2B
- Cretaphid v3
- Cartograph Artifact x2
- Attameter Artifact x2
- Binary Subscripture Artifact x2
- Energy Tank x2
- Missile Expansion x3
- UA Expansion x2
- Octolith x2
- The theme of Alinos contains the same beat as the Chozo Ruins theme from Metroid Prime.
- In addition, the architecture of Alinos' crumbling buildings is also identical to that of the Chozo Ruins, even featuring the same glyphs that the latter's former inhabitants carved into their structures. Whether or not the Alimbics were related to the Chozo is unknown, but this implies that the two species had interacted at one point.
- Spire and Weavel are first encountered on Alinos.
- Like Arcterra, two hunters are encountered during the first visit of Alinos. One on the way to the Octolith, and one escaping from the planet.
- Alinos as seen from space bears heavy resemblance to the volcanic planet Mustafar from Star Wars.
- Spouts of fire shoot up through the lava in rooms featuring it. This feature was present in Super Metroid and Metroid Fusion as well, although these features cause damage on contact, while the Hunters version is entirely harmless.
|Known Areas||Tetra Galaxy • Alimbic Cluster • Celestial Archives • Alinos • Vesper Defense Outpost • Arcterra|
|Characters||General Almiiak • Arctherus • Gorea|
|Creations|| Quadtroid • Oubliette • Octolith • Alimbic Artifact (Attameter/Cartograph/Binary Subscripture) • Slench • Cretaphid • Stronghold Void (Portal) |
Alimbic Cannon • Omega Cannon • Universal Ammunition • Seal Sphere • Technology • Colored Panels
|Miscellaneous||Language • Tetra Border Wars • Hubs • Objects (Minor) • "Ultimate Power"|
|Planets visited in the Metroid Series|
|Other locations visited in the Metroid Series|
|Planets in the Metroid Series|
|Bilium | Oormine II | Tallon IV | Twin Tabula | Zebes|
|Alinos | Arcterra|
|Aether | Dark Aether|
|Federation Solar System|
|Bryyo | Elysia | Norion|
|Unknown Solar System|
a.k.a. Planet SN-883 or Urtraghus ("large booty")
|SR388's solar system|
|SR388 | "SR387"|
|Earth | Jupiter|
|Charybdis | Inteira | Scylla|
|Excelcion | Talvania | Bion|
|Outlaw | Maru | Agricultural world | Jatsuk | Ocean world |
Graveyard planet | Galactic ruins
| 2466 URSA | Bes III | Devon III | Daiban | Demon Planet | Degrade |
Jamoru | Jasdam | Jigrad | K-2L | Kankeh | Liberty
Mondreus | Naishii | Nest | RX 338 | Solairon 12 | Tivus | Vho