The Alinos Perch is a massive sandcanyon, and one of the largest rooms on Alinos. The Ceremonial Charms are located here. It features several platform-like rocks in the ground, and from either side of the room there are two ramps leading to other areas. Samus initially cannot do much here, except for defeat Guardians that greet her on first entry, until she kills the Fire Spawn in the next chamber and returns with the Magmaul, but her ultimate goal here is to reach a door at the top of the room. To reach it, she must fire at two projectile-sensitive Platform Switches on the bottom level. Next, Samus must run up a ramp and destroy multiple Alimbic security systems, destroy an Orange Force Field, enter a chamber and fire at another Platform Switch.
Said action moves a floating platform into a reachable place, and activates a Jump Pad on it. Samus jumps off this platform to reach another, and another, until she reaches the top of a very tall rock, containing a Security Computer that unlocks the Sealed Door keeping her from accessing the Crash Site of Gorea.
The Alinos Perch is passed through when Samus is moving towards the Piston Cave to collect the Binary Subscripture, her hardest Alimbic Artifact yet. It is last required to be accessed during the Countdown after Samus has collected the second Octolith, where the room is on her escape route. A Guardian attempts to stop her escape, but she is not required to fight it and may flee if she would like.
- Missile Expansion
- Found close to the last Platform Switch, behind an Orange Force Field.
- Ceremonial Charms
- "ALIMBIC ORNAMENTS DESIGNED TO ENHANCE HARMONY."
- Platform Switch
- "THIS PROJECTILE-SENSITIVE SWITCH ACTIVATES A NEARBY PLATFORM."
- Security Computer
- "THE SECURITY SYSTEM HAS BEEN DEACTIVATED."
The Alinos Perch is a playable stage in the Hunters multiplayer mode, available by default. As with the single-player room, it has two levels.
The Magmaul can be located here. The rocky walls and towers make ideal conditions for Spire to win Battle, Survival and Prime Hunter matches, as he can navigate the walls with his Dialanche. In Capture, Nodes, Defender and Bounty matches, Trace can use his Imperialist from a vantage point to snipe opponents effectively.
- The doors to both the Council Chamber and Crash Site demonstrate an unusual glitch that is not found anywhere else in the game: usually, the small "airlocks" that serve as loading buffers between all areas are displayed on the map as nameless, rectangular rooms. However, the map shows the Council Chamber directly attached to Alinos Perch, while an empty space exists between the Perch and the Crash Site's upper entrance.
- If Samus attempts to activate the map while inside either "vanishing" airlock, she will see only a "Topographical View Unavailable" message identical to that seen in the Stronghold Void, or more rarely the game will freeze.
- The lower "airlock" from the Crash Site is also twice as large on the map as the usual variety, but is the same size in-game.
|Metroid Multiplayer Levels|
|Metroid Prime 2: Echoes||Crossfire Chaos • Sidehopper Station • Shooting Gallery • Spider Complex • Pipeline • Spires • Arena 5|
|Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt||Ancient Vestige • Assault Cradle • Trooper Module|
|Metroid Prime Hunters|| Combat Hall • Data Shrine • Processor Core • High Ground • Ice Hive • Alinos Perch • Sic Transit • Transfer Lock • Sanctorus • Compression Chamber • Incubation Vault • Subterranean • Outer Reach • Harvester |
Weapons Complex • Council Chamber • Elder Passage • Fuel Stack
Fault Line • Stasis Bunker • Head Shot • Celestial Gateway • Alinos Gateway
VDO Gateway • Arcterra Gateway • Oubliette
|Metroid Prime Pinball||Magmoor Caverns|
|Super Smash Bros.||Planet Zebes • Planet Zebes: Brinstar • Planet Zebes: Brinstar Depths • Norfair |
Frigate Orpheon • Pyrosphere
|Dead or Alive: Dimensions||Geothermal Power Plant|