An Alpha Blogg is the head of a Blogg pack, having become the largest, strongest and most resilient member of the group.
They are capable of firing sonic disruption blasts, which can hinder Samus' Visor and her weapon control systems if directly hit by the projectiles. They also attack with their titanic triple-jawed maws in an attempt to eat their foe.
Overall, Alpha Bloggs have the same strengths and weaknesses as normal Bloggs.
One such Alpha Blogg was found seemingly trapped in the Torvus Bog's lower area, sealed within the Hydrodynamo Shaft and unable to attack Samus. However, when she obtained the Gravity Boost, the gates leading back into the Hydrochamber Storage room become locked and the Alpha Blogg was released into the Main Hydrochamber, where it promptly smashed the chamber's central pillar and attacked Samus. In order to escape, the hunter had to destroy the vicious beast.
The Alpha Blogg's weak point is the mouth. The battle's duration can be cut down significantly if Samus keeps the Power Beam charged - when the Alpha Blogg readies its ramming attack, Samus can fire a Super Missile into its mouth as she dodges its frontal attack. Four direct hits kills the creature. Another weapon capable of severely wounding it is the Darkburst; each direct hit in the Alpha Blogg's mouth deals 50% damage. After it is sufficiently wounded, the Alpha Blogg changes its behavior and keeps its mouth closed more often.
Morphology: Alpha Blogg
Immense Blogg pack leader. Enormous water dweller will fire sonic disruption blasts at foes. It has all strengths and weaknesses of its brethren.
The Alpha Blogg is the largest and strongest of its pack. It can fire potent sonic stun blasts in battle. The blasts will disrupt your Visor and weapon control systems if they hit you. Its three titanic maws are potent weapons. Target the creature's mouth areas to inflict damage upon it.
- The Alpha Blogg is one of three bosses in the Metroid Prime Trilogy that can be scanned before the battle begins, the others being the Omega Pirate and Spider Guardian.
- By using a Ghetto Jump and the Gravity Boost, Samus can jump to the ledges and escape the battle with the Alpha Blogg, as the door is not locked.
- It appears that the Alpha Blogg's horns on its crest are slightly chipped or broken. These are most likely battle scars due to having to fight with other Bloggs in order to prove its supremacy and attain the title of Alpha.
- The Alpha Blogg shares its battle theme, Short Battle, with numerous other Darkling creatures in the game.
- Of all the Alpha creatures that Samus has fought, the Alpha Blogg is the only one that was never possessed by the Ing.
- The Alpha Blogg is the only boss in the Trilogy to be fought underwater, and after acquiring a corresponding upgrade (the Gravity Boost).
|Tallon IV||Aqua Reaper • Aqua Sac • Chomper Fish • Fish • Jelzap • Tangle Weed • Tallon Crab|
|Aether||Blogg • Bloggling • Alpha Blogg • Fish • Brizgee • Dark Blogg • Grenchler • Hydling • Krocuss • Phlogus|
|Dark Aether||Chykka • Dark Blogg • Dark Grenchler • Dark Phlogus • Dark Shredder • Flying Ing Cache • Venom Weed • Watchdrone|
|Zebes||Botwoon • Bull • Cacatac • Choot • Draygon • Evir • Gadora • Gamet • Oum • Owtch • Powamp • Puyo • Sciser • Skultera • Tatori • Tatori, Jr. • Yapping Maw • Yard • Zoa|
|BOTTLE SHIP||Fish • Skultera|
|BSL||Evir-X • Gadora-X • Owtch-X • Powamp-X • Sciser-X • Serris • Skultera-X • Yard-X • Zebesian (Aqua)|