The Alpha Blogg about to eat the camera.
|Featured in||Metroid Prime 2: Echoes|
|Attacks||Ramming, biting, Sonic blasts|
|Reward(s)||Escape from Main Hydrochamber|
An Alpha Blogg is the head of a Blogg pack, having become the largest and strongest of the members. They are immense, much larger than regular adult Bloggs, and are capable of firing sonic disruption blasts, which can disrupt Samus' Visor and her weapon control systems through direct contact with them. They also attack with their titanic triple-jawed maws in an attempt to eat their foe. They possess the same strengths and weaknesses as normal Bloggs, which is both a blessing and a hindrance.
One such beast was found trapped in the Torvus Bog's lower regions, where it was possibly feeding off of the local Hydlings. It was sealed within the Hydrodynamo Station, and was unable to attack anything, let alone Samus. However, this all changed soon when she obtained the Gravity Boost; the gates back into the Hydrochamber Storage room were shut tight and the Alpha Blogg was released as part of a trap for those who took the item, and it attacked her in the Main Hydrochamber. Samus subsequently destroyed it in order to escape.
As with most boss battles throughout the series, the Alpha Blogg's weak point is the mouth. Despite a difficult battle, Samus could be made many times easier by keeping the Power Beam charged - when the Alpha Blogg readied its charging attack, Samus could easily fire a Super Missile into its mouth while attempting to get out of the way. This technique could kill the creature in as little as four direct hits. After taking a certain amount of damage, the Alpha Blogg began charging with its jaws closed so Samus could not damage it while it was not attacking.
- The Alpha Blogg can be scanned before entering the room where it is later fought as opposed to the Grapple Guardian, which cannot be.
- By using a Ghetto Jump and the Gravity Boost, Samus can jump to the ledges and escape the battle with the Alpha Blogg, as the door is not locked.
- It appears that the Alpha Blogg's horns on its crest are slightly chipped or broken. These are most likely battle scars due to having to fight with other Bloggs in order to prove its supremacy and attain the title of Alpha.
- Of all the Alpha creatures that Samus has fought, this is the only one that was never possessed by the Ing.
- The Alpha Blogg is the only boss in the entire Metroid Prime Trilogy that is fought underwater.
|Tallon IV||Aqua Reaper • Aqua Sac • Fish • Jelzap • Tangle Weed • Tallon Crab • ULF 23|
|Aether||Blogg • Bloggling • Alpha Blogg • Fish • Brizgee • Dark Blogg • Grenchler • Hydling • Krocuss|
|Dark Aether||Chykka • Dark Blogg • Dark Grenchler • Dark Phlogus • Dark Shredder • Flying Ing Cache • Venom Weed • Watchdrone|
|Zebes||Botwoon • Bull • Cacatac • Choot • Draygon • Evir • Gadora • Gamet • Oum • Owtch • Powamp • Puyo • Sciser • Skultera • Tatori • Tatori, Jr. • Yapping Maw • Yard • Zoa|
|Bottle Ship||Fish • Skultera|
|BSL||Evir-X • Gadora-X • Owtch-X • Powamp-X • Mermen Pirate • Sciser-X • Serris • Skultera-X • Yard-X|