This room can be viewed from the top chamber in Overgrown Ruins. When entered, Samus will notice that a gate made of Maldium is in her way. Since she does not have Ship Missiles when she first enters, she will have to return when she obtains them.
On her return, there will be a jamming beacon scrambling signals and preventing Samus from calling in her Gunship. Defending the beacon are a pair of Pirate Militia and one Space Pirate ATC. The destruction of the gate also results in their destruction, if not killed prior. After this, a Berserker Knight will walk through the remains of the gate with two Armored Pirate Troopers, both of which it will throw to their deaths. A half-pipe can be used here when Samus has the Boost Ball to reach a Missile Expansion. This room leads to the Jousting Field, where Samus fights the Korakk Beast.
- 5 Pirate Militia
- 1 Space Pirate ATC
- 1 Berserker Knight
- 2 Armored Pirate Troopers
- 2 Phaazoids (after Bryyo Seed is destroyed)
- Missile Expansion
- When Samus has the Boost Ball, she can return to this room to use a Half-pipe in the location that formerly held the gate. On a ledge is the expansion.
- "Compound gate sealed shut. Analysis indicates high amounts of Maldium within the stonework."
- Curiously, if Samus looks closely enough at the gate that blocks access to the rest of the room, she can see small shrapnel-like objects on the gate, that suspiciously resemble that of a Ship Missile Expansion. Thus, the game prevents a subtle hint on how to remove the obstacle.
- Both this room and the Command Station feature higher chambers overlooking the rest of the room.