Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|“||Anti-gravity offline in Docking Bays 1, 2 and 3.||„|
Anti-gravity is a technology used in various different applications in the Metroid Series. Anti-gravity allows an object to float or in some cases, fly, defying the gravitational effects of that planet or other locations have on matter. Anti-gravity is different to cases where a method of propulsion (such as a rocket boosters) allow subjects to fly or leave the ground. It instead achieves this a different way, with no apparent means of propulsion. Various allusions and references to anti-gravity have been made throughout the series, but the actual mechanics involved in creating a state of anti-gravity is unknown.
- Samus Aran's Iconic Gunship uses three anti-gravity engines for lift in some of its appearances.
- Lifts in the Synergy Core of the Celestial Archives are stated by the Lift Controls to use anti-gravity.
- Sylux, a Bounty Hunter, is thought to use anti-gravity while he uses his Alt-Form, the Lockjaw.
- The Galactic Federation utilise anti-gravity technology during the events of Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. Aurora Unit 242 mentions it over the G.F.S. Olympus' comm system. It appears to be in use in the Olympus' docking bays. The Space Pirate attack against the Olympus seemed to knock the anti-gravity in various docking bays offline. Whether this was intentionally targeted by the Pirates is not clear, although it may just have been a side effect of the assault.
- In Metroid Fusion, Samus Aran's Fusion Suit seems to possess anti-gravity technology. Her boots aid the height of her jumps during wall-jumping.
- Luminoth sentry pods in the Hive Dynamo Works have anti-gravity thrusters.
- Crash Pillars jump, levitate in the air through a means of anti-gravity propulsion, and then slam into their target.
- The Gravity Suit's special feature is negating the effects of gravity fields and liquids.