Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The room is a large containment facility for SkyTown's Aurora Unit, 217. It has two levels, the main for interacting with the AU, and the lower level for the Aurora Unit's maintenance. Around the main level is a hallway used to access nearby rooms. This hallway is dotted with purple, unscannable vegetation growing in pools of Phazon that remains even after Elysia is purged of corruption. If Samus jumps in this Phazon, it will make a splashing sound although this is the only room in which this happens.
When Samus Aran enters the room, she has the mission of purging Aurora Unit 217 of his corruption virus infection. The chamber is locked with a door that requires a kinetic charge. Until Samus has the Boost Ball, she cannot enter.
Once she has returned with it, she can open the door. When she tries to use the communications terminal, a voice will sound, "The Aurora Unit is corrupted and requires repair. Opening maintenance level hatch." A hatch will then open, allowing Samus access to a Morph Ball tunnel that will lead to said maintenance level.
However, before she can inject the vaccine, numerous Tinbots that were in stasis will awaken, and Samus will have to defeat eleven of them before she can get the chance to inject the Galactic Federation vaccine undisturbed. Once this happens, 217 is shown to be purged of all Phazon contamination. The room will fill with steam, and the AU Status Screens will turn on. However, just as Samus is about to leave, Ghor enters the room through a mechanical door that he opens by snapping his fingers. Destroying most of the Circuit boards in the room with his Plasma Beam, he escapes through the same door he entered from after being injured by Samus' weapon fire. She cannot open the door herself.
Leaving the maintenance level, she speaks with 217, who informs her that the destruction of the Circuit boards has disabled the entire SkyTown network. To restore it, Samus would have to weld the broken circuitry with Ghor's Plasma Beam. She is tasked with the order of hunting him down.
When she returns, she fixes the network connection and allows 217 to plan out an attack on the Elysia Seed, discovering the location of three parts to a Theronian Bomb and giving them to Samus. After this, he goes into stasis to acquire new data, and cannot be spoken to again.
- Security door
- "Security doors engaged. Energize lock with a kinetic charge to gain chamber access."
- Corrupted Aurora Unit
- "Aurora Unit 217 offline. Phazon corruption present. Administer vaccine to repair."
- Communications terminal
- "Communications terminal allows users to interact with Aurora Unit 217."
- Aurora Unit (after vaccine)
- "Aurora Unit 217 online. Unable to communicate with SkyTown's network."
- Mechanical hatch
- "Mechanical hatch is locked. There doesn't appear to be any way to open this door."
- AU Status Screen (AU offline)
- "AU Status Screen. No image is being displayed. Unit is currently offline."
- AU Status Screen (network offline)
- "AU Status Screen. Unit is currently online but is not connected to the network."
- Gun Socket (vaccine uploaded)
- "Vaccine has been uploaded. Aurora Unit 217 has been cured of all Phazon corruption."
- Damaged Circuit boards
- "Circuitry has sustained damage. Severed conditions must be repaired by fusing them together."
- Repaired Circuit boards
- "Circuitry has been repaired. This connection between the AU and network has been restored."
- AU Status Screen (network online)
- "AU Status Screen. Unit is online and connected into SkyTown's main network."
|Auroras||217 • 242 • 313 • 486|
|Technology||AU Status Screen • Aurora Unit tank • Circuit board • SkyTown's network|
|Aurora Chambers||Olympus • SkyTown • Valhalla • Future Aurora Complex|
|Music||Aurora Unit 313 (theme)|
|Similar||Mother Brain • MB • Cortex Chamber • Master Brain|