The Autrack can be found in numerous Chozo structures on the planet SR388, where it acts as a point defense turret. The Autrack is typically found hidden behind a wall or small structure, where it is protected when not firing. When it detects an intruder, its track arm extends, and the cannon fires. Once it has fired, the arm retracts while the weapon reloads for another shot. In Samus Returns, the Autrack now has a laser targeting system and fires a powerful blast at Samus. Contact with the Autrack is capable of wiping out an entire Energy Tank. It is harder to destroy without the Plasma Beam.
Official Media Edit
- Metroid II manual
- "This robotic guardian can be found in various places. They have a long neck that is usually withdrawn, but it will extend it and attack with a laser beam."
- Inhabitants & Eco System of SR388 (p. 20)
- "The most dangerous of the Chozo security units, the Autrack starts off in a harmless-looking ball, only to pop out and track anything except life-forms native to SR388. If you see an Autrack laser pointing at you, run or hide. A single shot from one of these machines is devastating, and destroying them is no easy feat."
- Walkthrough (p. 85)
- "Here is one of the deadlier enemies in the game: the Autrack. They’re stationary, but their laser attack can hit you from a long distance and it takes a metric ton of health from you if it lands. You don’t have the means to take them on at the moment, so if you see one, get behind cover, or bolt away from it as fast as you can. Missiles can destroy them, but you must expend a huge amount of shots, which gives the Autrack plenty of time to shoot you with its laser at least twice. You best strategy is to avoid them until you can secure a more appropriate weapon."
- Autrack always drops a large Energy Capsule, if any, upon destruction. They will never drop a small one.
- Autracks in Area 3 are attached to the walls.
|Scanners||Scan Visor • Hand Scanner • Biohazard scanner • Award Scanner|
|Space Pirates||Aeromine • Crawlmine • Eye • Hover Bot • Jumpmine • Mining cannon • Ridley Robot|
|Galactic Federation||B.O.X. Security Robot • FG II-Graham • FG-1000 • Fuse Hint Scanbot|
|Chozo||Autoad • Autom • Autrack • Databot • Diggernaut • Elysian • Floating object • Gunzoo • Helios • Proboscum • Shirk • Steambot • Swarmbot (-G) • TPO • Tinbot • Vaporwing • Wallfire • ZipNMEBomber|
|Luminoth||Airthorn • Lightbringer • Lightflyer • Luminoth sentry pod • Mechlops • Mekenobite • Octopede • Rezbit • Sentreye (Corrupted)|
|Other|| Androids • Armored Bot • Artificial Intelligence • Cyborgs • Darkling • Drones • Golems • Guard Node • Kamer • RB133 Auricrusher • Reflec • Security Bot |
Shaktool • Statues • Turrets • Work Robot • Drones, Workers, Hunters and Guards • U-ton • Lucky Darts • Desert Phantom • Samus Tank • Integra