This room is split between two floors, but Samus cannot select between the two from within the room. This is because the elevator in this room is broken, hence the room's name. Scanning the elevator reveals that it is beyond repair. When Samus first enters the top floor, the Aeromines that she had been pursuing since entering Eastern SkyTown finally confront her, though she destroys them. The bottom floor of this room has nothing of importance. The top floor has small SkyTown Storage Units and a Databot, which Samus can scan for the SkyTown Data entry "Aurora".
- Gearworks (via Blue Door)
- Turbine Chamber (via Blue Door)
- Botanica (via Blue Door, White Blast Shield on other side)
- "Elevator control systems have short-circuited and are malfunctioning. Elevator is unable to be repaired."
- "Aurora was placed within one of our floating pods and connected into the station's network. This connection allowed Aurora to control not only the facility, but us as well. Our link allowed us to reap the benefits of the Aurora's own connection to the Federation's Aurora network. The units were capable of communicating with one another regardless of the distance, and vast amounts of information were passed down to us. As the years went by we aided the Aurora and our Federation allies in their research. We studied potential enemy threats and collected data on their activities. It was, in some small way, a means to atone for our inability to help our creators years ago. Through our alliance with the Federation, we were able to prevent many disasters, and bring an end to numerous threats in the cosmos. We are not certain if that was what our creators would have wished to happen, but it certainly was a peaceful life."