Cargo Freight Lift to Deck Gamma is a room in the Frigate Orpheon at the start of Metroid Prime. The room consists of a lift that moves in a slanted shaft, with a platform at the top and bottom. At the top, an Interface Module must be scanned to open the door to the elevator, and at the bottom, scanning another Module activates a Ball Clamp in the center of the room. By rolling into this in Morph Ball, Samus can open the door to the next room.
During the escape from the frigate, Samus passes over the top of the lift's lower position between Subventilation Shaft Section B and Main Ventilation Shaft Section A. The latter's entrance is sealed off initially by a Ventilation cap, which explodes when Samus approaches it.
The room survived when the Frigate Orpheon crashed into the Tallon Overworld. Like the rest of the crashed frigate, the room has become flooded. The lift has crashed into the bottom of the room and contains an Energy Tank. There are now platforms floating throughout the room that Samus can use to reach the top. Aqua Reapers attempt to block the way. When Samus reaches the top, there is an explosion, and a dead Space Pirate falls into the water. If Samus manages to shoot the highest Power Conduit from below, before triggering the explosion, the camera's panning will reveal the Pirate to be dead on a platform (which is what explodes). Though most of the room is flooded, the top is not. The door to Deck Beta Transit Hall lost power, and must be powered by three Power Conduits. The first conduit is on the side of the lift. The second is on the side of a wall directly above the crashed lift. The third is to the left of the powerless door.
- Deck Beta Transit Hall (via Blue Door)
- Reactor Core Entrance (Known as Reactor Access after the frigate crashes) (via large door with spheric lock)
- Subventilation Shaft Section B (During escape only) (Via exploding ventilation cap)
- Main Ventilation Shaft Section A (During escape only) (Via exploding ventilation cap)
- 1 Auto Defense Turret
- "Subject >> Auto Defense Turret
Use Missiles to break outer casing."
- 1 Space Pirate
- "Morphology: Space Pirate. Status >> Minimal injuries assessed. Use caution. Maximum firepower recommended."
- "Morphology: Parasite
Interstellar vermin. Travel in swarms.
Indigenous to Tallon IV, a single Parasite is harmless to larger life-forms. However, they tend to travel in large groups, swarming over potential prey. Such swarms can be dangerous."
- 2 Aqua Reapers
- Dead Space Pirate
- "Morphology: Space Pirate
Sentient aggressor species well trained in weapon and melee combat. Space Pirates wield Galvanic Accelerator Cannons and forearm-mounted Scythes in combat. This species seeks to become the dominant force in the galaxy, and their technology may help them realize this goal. Ruthless and amoral, the Pirates care little for the cost of their ambition. Only the results matter, and they take these very seriously."
- Energy Tank
- After the frigate was crashed, the lift crashed into the bottom of the room. It holds an Energy Tank that can be accessed by shooting the door of the lift with a Missile.
- Space Pirate corpse
- "Morphology: Space Pirate.
Status >> Death caused by severe lacerations to the abdomen."
- "This door is tightly sealed and does not appear to be receiving power."
- Ball Clamp
- "This device does not seem to be functional. There must be something nearby that will turn it on."
- Ball Clamp (2)
- "It looks like a spherical shape would fit into this clamp."
- Space Pirate corpse
- "Morphology: Space Pirate. Status >> Death caused by removal of internal organs."
- Crashed lift
- "An Energy Tank lies within this crashed lift. A concussive blast should destroy the lift's door panel."