|“||I've just received word that the Federation is allowing all Bounty Hunters to use ship-command devices. You should now be able to remotely command your ship and land it here. Don't forget to perform suit maintenance and data backup if you need.||„|
The Command Visor is a visor in Metroid Prime 3: Corruption that allows Samus to remotely control her gunship. This control includes having the gunship leave its location to land at a landing pad where Samus is situated, and manoeuvring heavy objects if necessary. Lastly, she can order the ship to do a bombing run to destroy obstacles and large enemies.
Sylux, a Bounty Hunter from Metroid Prime Hunters, appears to possess a similar ability; he orders his ship, the Delano 7, to attack Samus while he is in a battle with her. They may be common or possibly outlawed, since Rundas had told Samus that using the visor had been authorized while fending off the Pirate attack on Norion.
Although the Command Visor is included at the beginning, Samus is unable to use it as the Visor is offline. However, it changes to online during the attack on Norion; while fending off some Space Pirates en route to Generator A, Rundas helps her. Afterwards, he received word that the Federation authorizes the use of Command Gunships. Therefore, Samus is now capable of using the Gunship command.
In Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, there is a related audio glitch. To perform it, the player must land the ship on a docking bay and walk into it (as if to save), switching to the command visor just before or as Samus enters. This causes the command visor's audio to play inside the ship instead of the usual audio track, which is not rectified until Samus leaves again.
- Before fighting the first Berserker Lord, Samus inputs commands to lead her ship to safety, despite Gunship commands being offline.
- It seems that she loses this ability during the final events in Metroid Fusion, as she is unable to command her ship to land in the last scenes. That particular gunship can only be flown manually. This, however, may be because the new gunship was directly supplied by the Federation.
- The whirring sounds that are heard while using the Command Visor are the same as for the X-Ray Visor in Prime.
- The Command Visor is the first item in the Metroid series to be authorized for use rather than collecting it. Most items in Metroid: Other M were authorized for use by Adam.
- If Samus has the Plasma or Nova Beam, or if she is in hyper-mode while on Phaaze, using the Command Visor will cause the arm cannon to return to its default form.
| Combat Visor | Scan Visor | Thermal Visor | X-Ray Visor|
Dark Visor | Echo Visor | Command Visor
Hacker Mode | X-Ray Scope | Search View
|Features of Samus Aran's Gunship|
|Personal features|| Adam's helmet • Chozo text • In the Cockpit • Logbook • Mii Bobblehead |
Music player • Samus Screen • Ship Bumper Stickers
|Armaments||Plasma Beam • Power Beam • Ship Grapple • Ship Missile • Gunship Multiball • Zero Suit Samus' new Final Smash|
|Mission features||Biohazard scanner • Blast Shield • Command Visor • Commander Adam Malkovich • Emergency Evacuation Pod • Hand Scanner • Heads-Up Display • Missile Station • Recharge Station • Save Station • Transmission console|
|Cargo|| Theronian Bomb (1st piece • 2nd piece • 3rd piece) |
• Colossal War Golem
|Passengers||Baby • Anthony Higgs • Dr. Madeline Bergman • Commander Adam Malkovich (computerized) • Dachoras • Etecoons|