Samus faces off against Cretaphid v3.
|Featured in||Metroid Prime: Hunters|
Vesper Defense Outpost
|Attacks||Various energy based attacks, variates between models.|
|Weakness||Nodes when blue, core.|
Cretaphids are bosses that appear in Metroid Prime Hunters, and are the creations of the Alimbics, designed to guard Octoliths. Four different models appear in the game, each time with progressively more powerful weapons. However, they are all outwardly identical, each resembling a totem pole with red and blue nodes. The nodes are only vulnerable to damage when they are blue, and when all the nodes have been deactivated the core of the Cretaphid will appear. The Cretaphid core is the only true vulnerable point of any Cretaphid.
- Model one appears on the Celestial Archives.
- Model two appears on the Vesper Defense Outpost.
- Model three appears on planet Alinos.
- Model four appears on planet Arcterra.
Cretaphid v1 is the most basic version of the Cretaphids. It only shoots red lasers from its nodes. Every time it loses a third of its health, the laser nodes move downwards.
Cretaphid v2 fires homing green plasma balls instead of lasers, the red nodes shortly switch color now.
Cretaphid v3 fires red lasers and green plasma balls. Each node functions as only the generator of one type of weapon, the laser nodes are one level at a time and the other two levels are plasma nodes. The laser nodes move downward in the exact fashion of the Cretaphid v1.
Cretaphid v4 has attacks similar to v3, except it can move around the room and now shoots deadlier green lasers.
- If Samus fires a Missile at one of the green plasma balls a Cretaphid fires, the ball will freeze.
- A glitch consistently occurs with the green orbs fired by Cretaphid v4: Instead of homing in on their target, they will almost always remain in one place until they eventually explode.