Dark Troopers are Galactic Federation troopers that have been possessed by the Ing Horde. When Samus Aran, who is looking for the missing troopers on Aether, finds them, she discovers that all the troops are deceased, and that they had an unknown biomass living inside the corpses. The Ing quickly possess many of the corpses, but are strangely unable to fully complete the possession. Due to this, they have slow reaction times. Despite the fact that their weapon systems are fully functional, the incomplete possession gives them poor aim. They are also equipped with bayonets, but do not use them frequently. A single, charged Power Beam shot from Samus' Arm Cannon is sufficient to kill them.
When Samus returns to the Splinter Hive after acquiring the Morph Ball Bombs, she encounters a Dark Missile Trooper. It is also incompletely possessed, but has greater stamina than his fellow Marines. His Missiles lack the homing ability like Samus's own.
Morphology: Dark Trooper
Deceased GF soldier. Bioscans indicate terminated lifesigns in this trooper, and the presence of an unknown biomass.
Bioscans indicate terminated lifesigns in this trooper, and the presence of an unknown biomass with parasitic tendencies. Though the trooper's armor has been compromised, the bulk of it remains intact. Weapon systems remain online as well. Full parasitic fusion has yet to be obtained, resulting in low agility and response time.
- The Dark Trooper's battle theme has been slightly modified for Metroid Prime Trilogy. Both versions can be found here.
- The Ing are able to complete their parasitic fusion in an instant with every other bioform in the game except for the Troopers and Missile Trooper; this is most likely due to the latter bioforms having been dead long before darkling possession.
- The visors of certain Troopers' visors that are unbroken will shatter on the right side and fade completely black to match the uniform model of Dark Troopers; their eyes can also be seen glowing red through their broken visors.
- Any Trooper corpse that possesses a Logbook entry will not be possessed. This is so players do not encounter problems finding one-time entries the first time around, especially if they aren't looking for them.
- The Dark Trooper's slow and shambling gait, as well as the fact that they are dead bodies that rise and attack to begin with, seems to be based on that of a typical zombie in popular culture.
- In Metroid Prime: Episode of Aether, the appearance of the Dark Troopers is drastically different. All of their faces can be seen, and when possessed, their eyes lose the pupils and veins pop up all over the face.
|Guardians||Amorbis • Chykka • Quadraxis|
|Darklings||Chykling • Corrupted Sentreye • Dark Alpha Splinter • Dark Blogg • Dark Diligence Drone • Dark Grenchler • Dark Ingsmasher • Dark Missile Trooper • Dark Phlogus • Dark Pirate Commando • Dark Pirate Trooper • Dark Preed • Dark Quad MB/CM • Dark Shredder • Dark Splinter • Dark Tallon Metroid • Darkling Tentacle • Dark Trooper • Dark War Wasp • Nightbarb • Dark Luminoth|