The Disposal Chamber is a waste disposal air lock aboard the G.F.S. Olympus. It is a small rectangular room containing discarded debris and other waste matter. The air lock is operated by a Bomb Slot, but a security panel blocks usage until a scan terminal on the opposite side of the room is activated. A gelatinous green liquid is present in here when Samus arrives, along with discarded metal and wires. Samus arrives here after escaping an army of Crawlmines and Crawltanks in the Xenoresearch Lab, and uses this air lock as a means to escape the dead end she has reached. This vents her off into space where she "falls" along a series of air locks, one eventually leading to that of Repair Bay A.
Warning lights will flash during air lock activation, along with a message that reads "Air Lock Cycling_". What appear to be handles are present at either side of the chamber, presumably for anybody incorrectly deposited into the room.
- Ventilation Shaft (on the bottom end of a long Morph Ball tunnel drop).
- Repair Bay A (via airlocks venting into space).
- Bomb Slot lock
- "Security lock in place. Engage local security override to disable the lock."
- "Discarded debris appears to be made up from broken machinery and damaged ship parts."
- "Security override enabled. Lock has been deactivated. Disposal system on standby."
- The wires that can be seen in the top left of the scene in which Samus is released from the room have a notably cel-shaded look.
|G.F.S. Olympus Rooms in Metroid Prime 3: Corruption|
|Docking Bay 5 • Docking Bay Access • Docking Bay 4 • Security Station • Security Access|
• Command Lift A • Flag Bridge Access • Flag Bridge • Meeting Access • Ready Room •
Lift Access • Command Lift B • Gunnery Station • MedLab Delta • Aurora Access • Aurora Chamber • Port Observation Deck • Xenoresearch Lab • Lab Access • Ventilation Shaft • Disposal Chamber • Repair Bay A • Munitions Storage • Repair Bay Shaft • Save Station B