Elite Quarters Access is essentially a large cave. The room has several large gears situated behind screens of glass to the left of the room. The floor is made up of mesh and grates in place over a shaft where the Space Pirates have been mining. A thick fog fills the air of this room, impairing vision. However, it disappears after Samus defeats the Omega Pirate.
Three large shutters block the Red Door at the end of this room. Normally, they could easily be retracted, however a large Frigidite formation has solidified over shutter's top, jamming the mechanism. This ice can only be melted with the Plasma Beam.
- Plasma Trooper (on first visit only)
- "Security Gate bypass unit encased in frigidite shell. Exposure to heat could clear unit and restore function."
- Security Gates
- "Security Gates locked down. Scan indicates partial control system damage due to exposure to frigidite."
- This room is notable for being one of the deepest rooms in the Phazon Mines, yet does not contain any Phazon.
- When entering the room while the is fog inside, it can cause a "light at the end of the tunnel" effect.
- The room is also notable for being the only occurrence in the entire game in which Frigidite is named as such.
- If Samus, after killing the Plasma Trooper, goes back to save in the previous room and then returns here, there will be another Plasma Trooper waiting in its cell but it will not attack her. This happens in the original and Trilogy versions.