|“||Etecoons and Dachoras. I've met these intelligent beings before. They seemed to recognize me, as well. How unusual to meet again here. In the past, they've helped me unleash abilities I didn't know I had. But where did they run to? I hope they're safe...||„|
Etecoons are blue, monkey-like creatures that inhabited the planet Zebes, and one of only three non-violent species Samus encountered there. In Super Metroid, these rather intelligent mammals taught Samus how to Wall Jump to reach greater heights. When Samus enters their room, they sing the Samus Victory! theme, before teaching Samus the wall jump.
Additionally, in Metroid Fusion, Samus rescued these same Etecoons and Dachoras from the Biologic Space Laboratories research station, when the X Parasite took over. These beings learned to control Samus's ship with the help of her on-board computer and commander, Adam, and helped her escape the destruction of the station and neighboring planet of SR388.
"The Etecoons will show you how to do the Wall Jump. They're friendly."
Unused Metroid Prime 3: Corruption Logbook entryEdit
- Although it is said that the Etecoons teach Samus to wall-jump, we see her using this ability during Metroid Prime Echoes and Metroid Prime Corruption, prior to the events of Super Metroid.
- These creatures are one of the very few species of mammals to exist in the Metroid series of games. Other notable mammals are Humans, the Rabbilis and the unused IceBoss.
- On the storyboard to the right, it says there are four of them. However, only three are ever shown in both Super Metroid and Metroid Fusion.
- Also on the storyboard, it says they live in "Hell". This may also be a reference to their nearby habitat; filled with specific thorny-like substances and unique enemies. In addition, their "home" is somewhat deep underground.
- The Etecoons are considered the "cutesy characters" of the Metroid series.
- The Etecoons are a greenish color in Super Metroid, but blue in Fusion and artwork.
- The Etecoons have a slight resemblance to Blarp from the movie, Lost in Space.
|SR388||Baby • Flitt • Proboscum • Septogg|
|Zebes||Dachora • Etecoon • Kamer • Powamp • Shaktool • Tatori • Tatori, Jr. • Tripper|
|Bottle Ship||Pow • Wadge • Zuru|
|Features of Samus Aran's Gunship|
|Personal features|| Adam's helmet • Chozo text • In the Cockpit • Logbook • Mii Bobblehead |
Music player • Samus Screen • Ship Bumper Stickers
|Armaments||Plasma Beam • Power Beam • Ship Grapple • Ship Missile • Gunship Multiball • Zero Suit Samus' new Final Smash|
|Mission features||Biohazard scanner • Blast Shield • Command Visor • Commander Adam Malkovich • Emergency Evacuation Pod • Hand Scanner • Heads-Up Display • Missile Station • Recharge Station • Save Station • Transmission console|
|Cargo|| Theronian Bomb (1st piece • 2nd piece • 3rd piece) |
• Colossal War Golem
|Passengers||Baby • Anthony Higgs • Dr. Madeline Bergman • Commander Adam Malkovich (computerized) • Dachoras • Etecoons|