An Energy Capsule is an item in the Metroid series that replenishes the energy of Samus' Power Suit. They appear as floating orbs and can be collected by touching them. Energy Capsules are released by killed enemies and the various storage containers of the game worlds.
The amount of energy restored on collecting one depends on its type, which is usually indicated by its color or size; and in different games, different colors restore different amounts, as follows:
- Metroid: White, with a flashing red and blue ring around it. Can replenish 5 or 20 energy.
- Metroid 2: Small or large, replenishing 5 and 20 units of energy respectively.
- Super Metroid: Purple, in either a small or large size, replenishing 5 and 20 units of energy respectively.
- Metroid Fusion: No capsules present. Yellow X restore 10 energy, Red X restore several Energy Tanks, and Blue X, upon the acquisition of the Varia suit upgrade, restore 30 energy.
- Metroid: Zero Mission: Purple, in either a small or large size, replenishing 5 and 20 units of energy respectively.
- Metroid Prime: Hunters: Magenta restores 30, blue 60 and yellow 100.
- Metroid Prime: Purple restores 10, red 20, yellow 100.
- Metroid Prime 2: Echoes: Purple restores 10, red 30, blue 50, yellow 100
- Metroid Prime 3: Corruption: Purple restores 10, red 25, blue 50, yellow 100. (There are also Phazon versions matching the same colors and amounts. Small Anti-Phazon Unit: -25 (reduces corruption); Large Anti-Phazon Unit: -50.)
- Metroid: Other M: No capsules present. Instead, there is a technique called Concentration that can be performed when low on energy.
Generally, capsules that restore more energy are more likely to be released when Samus's suit is low on power.
- In the Super Metroid comic, during a Space Pirate ambush, Armstrong Houston throws Samus an Energy Capsule to refill her health. He explained that he gave it to her because it "wouldn't have done any good for him", indicating his armor cannot repair damage with energy. In the manga, the strips She Finds a Small O and She Finds a Big O feature Samus killing a Geemer, with an Energy Capsule being left behind. Samus admires its roundness before trying to touch it, however, it disappears.
|Restorative|| Energy Capsule • Anti-Phazon Unit • Missile Ammo • Super Missile Ammo • Beam Ammo • Universal Ammunition • Power Bomb Ammo • Extra Ball • Special Token |
Ship Missile Ammunition • X Parasite
|Extras||Bounty Coin • Gold Credit|