An Energy Capsule is an item in the Metroid series that replenishes the energy of Samus' Power Suit. They appear as floating orbs and can be collected by touching them. Energy Capsules are released by killed enemies and the various storage containers of the game worlds.
The amount of energy restored on collecting one depends on its type, which is usually indicated by its color or size; and in different games, different colors restore different amounts, as follows:
- Metroid: White with a flashing red and blue ring around it. Can replenish 5, 20 or 30 energy depending on the enemy.
- Metroid II: Return of Samus: White with a black outline. Small or large, replenishing 5 and 20 units of energy respectively.
- Super Metroid: Purple, in either a small or large size, replenishing 5 and 20 units of energy respectively.
- In the manual, these are referred to as the Energy Ball and Big Energy Ball.
- Metroid Fusion: No capsules present. Yellow X restore 10 energy, Red X restore 500 energy, and Blue X, upon the acquisition of the Varia Suit upgrade, restore 30 energy.
- Metroid: Zero Mission: Purple, in either a small or large size, replenishing 5 and 20 units of energy respectively.
- Metroid Prime Hunters: Purple Orb or Small Energy restores 30, Blue Orb or Medium Energy 60, and Yellow Orb or Large Energy 100.
- Metroid Prime: Purple restores 10, red 20, yellow 100.
- Metroid Prime 2: Echoes: Purple orbs restore 10, Red orbs 30, blue 50, yellow 100
- Metroid Prime 3: Corruption: Again, purple restores 10, red 25, blue 50, yellow 100. (There are also Phazon versions matching the same colors and amounts. Small Anti-Phazon Unit: -25 (reduces corruption); Large Anti-Phazon Unit: -50.)
- Metroid: Other M: No capsules present. Instead, there is a technique called Concentration that can be performed when low on energy.
- Metroid: Samus Returns: Purple, in either a small or large size, replenishing 10 and 25 units of energy respectively.
Generally, capsules that restore more energy are more likely to be released when Samus's suit is low on power.
Replenishes 100 UNITS of energy expended from the POWER SUIT due to battle damage. Energy has also been known to have a rejuvenating effect on alien technology and physiology.
Replenishes 60 UNITS of energy expended from the POWER SUIT due to battle damage. Energy has also been known to have a rejuvenating effect on alien technology and physiology.
Metroid: Samus Returns manualEdit
"Restores some of Samus's energy.
- There are large and small variants that restore your energy by different amounts."
- In the Super Metroid comic, during a Space Pirate ambush, Armstrong Houston throws Samus an Energy Capsule to refill her health. He explained that he gave it to her because it "wouldn't have done any good for him", indicating his armor cannot repair damage with energy. In the manga, the strips She Finds a Small O and She Finds a Big O feature Samus killing a Geemer, with an Energy Capsule being left behind. Samus admires its roundness before trying to touch it, but it disappears.
|Restorative|| Energy Capsule • Anti-Phazon Unit • Missile Ammo • Super Missile Ammo • Beam Ammo • Universal Ammunition |
Power Bomb Ammo • Extra Ball • Special Token • Ship Missile Ammunition • X Parasite • AUX ammo • Aeion Orb
|Extras||Bounty Coin • Gold Credit|