|Notable features||Morph Ball tunnel with two paths, Spider Ball Track, Half-pipe blocked by Bendezium, Chozo Lore|
|Significance||Location of Energy Tank, Missile Expansion|
|Enemies/wildlife||Beetles, Plated Parasites|
The Furnace is a room in the Chozo Ruins of Metroid Prime that Samus enters when she is notified of an Energy Spike located here. She returns after scans detect an abnormally low temperature in the ruins.
There is a Morph Ball tunnel with two entrances, but the upper path can only be reached with the Spider Ball. The lower path leads to an Energy Tank. The upper path contains several blocks that crush under Samus's weight, forcing her to use the Boost Ball to get past them. It leads to a more open area with a generator and several Spider Ball Tracks. A Missile Expansion can be found here, but cannot be collected until Samus has Power Bombs. If she has encountered Chozo Ghosts and returns to this room, three will be present.
- 3 Chozo Ghosts (After going to Hall of the Elders and fighting Chozo Ghosts)
- Beetles (Before going to Hall of the Elders and fighting chozo ghosts)
- Plated Parasites
- West Furnace Access (via Blue Door)
- East Furnace Access (via White Door)
- Crossway Access West (via Waste Disposal Unit)
- Energy Tank
- When Samus first enters the room there is a Spider Ball Track and a Morph Ball tunnel. If she enters the tunnel she can find an Energy Tank further on in a small cave.
- Missile Expansion
- When Samus has the Power Bombs, she can destroy a Bendezium floor and gain access to a half-pipe that will allow her to traverse multiple Spider Ball Tracks to gain the expansion.