The GF Combat Crane is a technology in Metroid Prime 2: Echoes. Samus first encounters the technology in the Industrial Site, and scans an Interface Module to operate it and cause it to lift a Heavy Transport Crate out of the way. The crate is then transported via a winch to the Temple Assembly Site, where a second GF Combat Crane receives the crate and suspends it above a high outcropping. Samus then severs the Combat Crane's cable with Power Beam fire, causing the crate to fall and serve as a platform.
- Industrial Site
- "Object scan complete. This is a GF Combat Crane. Portable lifting system used by troops to assemble temporary battle structures. Powerful winch system lifts and moves objects quickly."
- Temple Assembly Site (Crane arm)
- "Winch system receiving power.
Control system active.
Unit is in need of maintenance. Several systems are borderline critical.
Further operations may lead to system failure."
- Temple Assembly Site (Interface Module)
- "Control system online. Industrial winch engaged."