This room is exposed to the outside and Elysia's atmosphere. Various large gears can be seen spinning, hence the room's name. There is very little flooring in this room, so Samus must use the Screw Attack to move through the room. If Samus comes back to this room after obtaining the Ship Grapple Beam, a Space Pirate ATC can be seen destroying the sole platform in the room as well as the gears, which reveals a Missile Expansion. Samus can acquire this expansion and continue her mission to assemble the Theronian Bomb. Depending on how fast Samus can destroy the ATC (which requires Hypermode to destroy it successfully), she can preserve some of the gears.
- 1 Sky Puffer (first visit)
- Space Pirate ATC (after Samus has the first Theronian Bomb part)
- Missile Expansion
- See above
- "Gears system was once part of a larger network that provided additional power to nearby pods."
- Gears (damaged)
- "Gears have been severely damaged and no longer operate. They are beyond repair."
- Most Prime Series Missile Expansions play the Tank Jingle and an accompanying percussive beat simultaneously when collected. When the Expansion in this room is collected, only the beat is heard, with the jingle (and "Missile Expansion acquired." message) coming after Samus moves closer to a safe platform.