Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
For other uses, see Windchamber (Disambiguation).
The Grand Windchamber is a room in the Temple Grounds area of Aether. Samus can only access this area after acquiring the Power Bomb due to both doors leading into the Grand Windchamber being Yellow Hatches. This area features a puzzle, where Samus must enter Dark Aether and use a Spinner system to turn System Control Rings below a platform until they all face in a certain direction. Samus must then use the Seeker Missile to hit the targets on the rings simultaneously, thereby lowering some Grapple Points. Samus must then use the Spinners to turn the rings in the other direction and repeat the process. Samus can return to Light Aether to find that a forcefield is down on the highest platform. Samus can now use a Kinetic Orb Cannon to reach the platform and achieve the Sunburst.
- Windchamber Tunnel (via Blue Door)
- Windchamber Gateway (via Yellow Hatch)
- Ing Windchamber (via Portal)
- 2 Pirate Aerotroopers (one time)
- "Morphology: Pirate Aerotrooper
Airborne assault trooper.
Fast-moving and extremely well-armed. Jet packs can be overloaded with thermal damage."
- 3 Dark Pirate Commandos (one time)
- "Morphology: Dark Pirate Commando
- Darkling-possessed elite Space Pirate.
- Increased combat ability due to symbiotic presence. Able to phase out of local timespace."
- Requires Power Bomb, Boost Ball, and Grapple Beam. Samus must enter Dark Aether and remove the shield that guards the item.
- System Control Rings
- "Object analysis complete.
Target is a System Control Ring.
Control interface for this unit is not present; analysis indicates it is on Dark Aether.
- Spinner (dimensional)
- "Object scan complete.
Target is in a state of dimensional flux.
Unable to completely scan Spinner target. 50% of its component atoms are in another dimension, or on the surface of Dark Aether."
- Dark Portal (inactive)
- "This rift portal is inactive.
The portal field can be energized with dark energy. Walk into an energized portal to transport to Dark Aether."
- Dark Portal (active)
- "This portal is active.
Walk into the portal to transport to Dark Aether. Extreme caution recommended once transit is complete."
- Grapple Point
- "System: Grapple Point
Unit is a viable attach point for the Grapple Beam.
To use the Grapple Beam, use L when the icon appears."
- * Kinetic Orb Cannon hologram
- "Enter hologram in Morph Ball mode to fire Cannon."
* Note: text is centered-aligned in scan, unlike the others which are left-aligned.
- Falling into the pit using the Screw Attack will not deal damage, something that does not happen anywhere else in the game.