The Green Door is a door found in Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. The shield generated around the door is only vulnerable to a High-Frequency Beam, so the Nova Beam is the sole weapon capable of deactivating the shield. They are used to block off high priorty areas such as the Aurora Chamber on the G.F.S. Valhalla, and the Command Station Pirate Homeworld.
They only appear on the Space Pirate Homeworld and the G.F.S. Valhalla, indicating that the Nova Beam is a very new technology, as they never appeared on Bryyo or Elysia, both with age old doors. Interestingly, the G.F.S. Olympus does not contain any known Green Doors, though this is likely for gameplay reasons as it is only accessible at an early point in the game.
List of rooms with Green DoorsEdit
- Phazon Quarry
- Aurora Access
- Junction A
- Main Cavern
- Command Station
- Defense Access
- Phazon Mine Entry
- Drill Shaft 2
Galactic Federation Green Door
Door has low-level energy shield. Only high-frequency Beams can disrupt the shield and open the door.
The green-colored energy shield of this type of Federation door can only be disrupted by a high-frequency Beam. Shooting the shield with the proper Beam will activate and open the door.
Other green doorsEdit
- The Green Hatch in several games is vulnerable only to Super Missiles.
- Another Green Hatch is present in Metroid Fusion, and can be opened by any weapon once the security lock on them has been lifted.
- A Green Blast Shield appears in Metroid Prime Hunters and is only vulnerable to the Battlehammer.
- In Metroid Prime, the key of the map lists opened doors as green.
- A green-colored parasite called Gryncores appears on some doors in Metroid: Samus Returns, requiring the Plasma Beam to penetrate its shell.