Ice Ruins West is a room in the Phendrana Drifts in Metroid Prime. There are a lot of buildings in this room, many half-destroyed. Initially, Samus is constrained to the floor of the room, but after obtaining Space Jump, Samus can reach the roofs of the buildings through usage of a Stalactite.
- Ruins Entryway (via Blue Door)
- Canyon Entryway (via Blast Shield)
- Courtyard Entryway (via Purple Door)
- 2 Baby Sheegoths (Before beating Thardus)
- Ice Shriekbats (Before entering the Space Pirate lab)
- Sheegoth (After beating Thardus)
- Power Bomb Expansion
- Requires Plasma Beam.
Samus must melt a block of ice that exists on one of the buildings. This will lead to a chamber with the expansion.
- "None know if our temple, the Cradle, will prove powerful enough to contain this
- evil forever. How can we Chozo hope for it to remain intact when that which it
- guards writhes in the darkness, growing always stronger? The fate of this world
- rests with the gathering of Artifacts we call Cipher, but even it is not all-powerful.
- It is strong, yes: an enchanted whole made of twelve links.
- Still, it is finite in its reach, and we who guard it are slowly succumbing.
- When our vigilance crumbles away into madness, the Cipher will be exposed and
- the fate of Tallon IV will be beyond our influence."
- "The ice covering this opening can be melted with extreme heat."