The room is almost identical to its Light Aether counterpart, the Grand Windchamber. However, the Spinners around the room are fully complete, and there are Light Crystals. Like the Grand Windchamber, System Control Rings are situated in the middle of the room. Samus must rotate each Spinner until the rings glow a yellowish color, and then fire Seeker Missiles at the four targets on each ring. This will cause two metal arms to rise from the structure, both on Light and Dark Aether. Samus must then rotate the Spinners until the rings glow a teal-ish color, and repeat the last step. Two more arms rise from the structure, and all rings fall into the abyss below. Samus can then return to the Grand Windchamber and use the Grapple Points from the arms to reach a Kinetic Orb Cannon that will launch her to the Sunburst.
- Light Crystal
- "Xenotech: Luminoth Light Crystal
Generates protective field of light energy.
Light Crystals provide protection from Dark Aether's atmosphere. They can be nullified by dark energy and supercharged by light energy."
- "Device: Spinner
- Boost-powered control system.
- Use the Boost Ball ability of the Morph Ball when inside a spinner to activate the device it powers."
- Spinner (offline)
- "Spinner unit offline.
- Unable to restore function to this unit."
- Portal (inactive)
- "This rift portal is inactive.
- The portal field can be energized with light energy. Walk into an energized portal to transport to Aether."
- Portal (active)
- "This portal is active.
- Walk into the portal to initiate return transit to Aether."
- System Control Rings
- "Object analysis complete.
Target is a System Control Ring.
Manipulate this ring to be in sync with the other other rings to activate unit's control interface. Target that interface to activate attached devices."
- * Kinetic Orb Cannon hologram
- "Enter hologram in Morph Ball mode to fire Cannon."
* Note: text is centered-aligned in scan, unlike the others which are left-aligned.
- The Ing Windchamber is one of four rooms in Echoes that does not have a single door or an elevator (it can only be explored using a portal) used to access it, the others being the Hive Summit, Vault Attack Portal and Hive Portal Chamber. This may explain the reason why the Ing Windchamber is a derelict room. This also means that the Ing Windchamber is the only room with these traits to not be located in the Ing Hive.