Icon for the Judicator (above)
Trace uses the Judicator in multiplayer. (below)
|Featured in||Metroid Prime Hunters|
|Effect(s)||Charged shots spray like buckshot; Noxus will freeze targets at a very close range with a charged beam|
|Special uses||Opens Purple Blast Shields/Purple Force Fields|
|Obtained||Ice Hive, Arcterra|
The Judicator is an ice-based Affinity Weapon that was possibly made for and by the Vhozon. Noxus' weapon of choice, it shoots supercooled plasma at near absolute zero temperatures and ricochet off impacted surfaces. When charged, it fires three shots, unless used by Noxus, in which case it can freeze enemies within a certain radius.
Samus Aran acquires the Judicator in Arcterra. The Judicator is then used to take down the Slench in Arcterra, as well as destroy numerous Purple Force Fields and Purple Blast Shields in Arcterra and Alinos. Additionally, the Judicator is effective against Spire and enemies that use attacks similar to the Magmaul. It also affects Gorea when it turns purple. When used in story mode, it colors the markings on Samus' Arm Cannon purple.
The Judicator is good for mid- to short- range combat. Noxus can freeze people with the charged shot; once he freezes his enemies with the charged shot, he has the chance to plug a few rounds into them, or use the Imperialist for an instant kill headshot.
The charge shot that the Judicator displays as an Affinity weapon is very different from its normal function; instead of a simultaneous tri-shot, the affinity Judicator charge attack manifests itself as a sort of force field that emanates all around Noxus in a two-foot radius. Unfortunately, while this function is good for defense, it is hugely impractical as an offensive weapon; in order for its charge function to have an effect, Noxus must be right up in his opponent's face when he releases it, which often forces hin to chase targets down. However, there is a glitch called Shadow Freezing to bypass this issue. If it is not Noxus using the Judicator, then a charge shot, instead of freezing an opponent, will shoot three rounds at once. A common strategy is to be close to the target so that all of the rounds hit it.
- Plasma is the 4th state of matter, beyond gas. It is found in stars, lightning, plasma televisions, and other things. While typically very hot, it is possible to make plasma at temperatures as low as 0.1 Kelvin (which is, indeed, very close to absolute zero) by using a laser cooling system.
- Certain doors and other objects will display "SUPERCOOLED PLASMA" in their description when scanned, indicating that they respond only to the Judicator.
- Ironically, Samus has also previously acquired another Plasma Beam which has all the opposite properties of the Judicator and seems to use superheated plasma.
- When charged shots are fired by hunters other than Noxus in multiplayer, the Judicator fires out 3 rounds simultaneously similar to the mechanics of the Spazer Beam. When charged shots are fired by Noxus, they have an ability to freeze similar to the Ice Beam.
- Besides the Magmaul, the Judicator is the only weapon that Samus has used that can ricochet.
- Because the Judicator is super-cooled plasma—reaching temperatures near absolute zero — it would be extremely effective against Metroids.
|Power Beam • Long Beam • Wave Beam • Ice Beam • Plasma Beam|
Charge Beam • Spazer Beam • Grapple Beam • Hyper Beam (SM/MP3) • Wide Beam
Phazon Beam • Dark Beam • Light Beam • Annihilator Beam • Electro Lob
Volt Driver • Battlehammer • Magmaul • Shock Coil • Judicator • Imperialist
Omega Cannon • Nova Beam • Zero Laser • Diffusion Beam
Arm Cannon • Paralyzer • "tractor beam" • Entangler • Lightblast • Disruptor
|Volt Driver | Battlehammer | Judicator | Shock Coil | Magmaul | Imperialist | Missile Launcher | Omega Cannon|