|This article is written from the Real Life point of view|
Kenji Yamamoto (山本 健誌 Yamamoto Kenji) is a Japanese video game musician working for Nintendo. He has composed the soundtrack for various games in the Metroid series as well as other games. He also voiced the Spore Spawn in Super Metroid.
He did not compose music for Metroid: Other M, as he was working on Donkey Kong Country Returns. He was replaced by Ninja Gaiden composer Kuniaki Haishima. Yamamoto did return to compose the music for Metroid Prime: Federation Force. He is the music director of the newest Metroid title, Metroid: Samus Returns.
Listed below are soundtracks he has created for various games:
- Super Metroid (with Minako Hamano)
- Metroid Fusion (as sound designer)
- Metroid Prime
- Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
- Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (with Minako Hamano and Masaru Tajima)
- Metroid: Zero Mission (with Minako Hamano)
- Metroid Prime Hunters (as Sound Supervisor)
- Metroid Prime Pinball (with Masaru Tajima)
- Metroid: Samus Returns (music director, original Metroid music)
- Advance Wars: Dual Strike (with Yoshito Hirano)
- Famicom Tantei Club
- Famicom Tantei Club II
- Galactic Pinball
- Hajimari no Mori
- Mario Kart Advance (sound support)
- Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!
- Sakuchi Momoko no Ukiuki Cannibal (sound support)
- Excite Truck (with Masaru Tajima)
- Donkey Kong Country Returns (with Minako Hamano, Masaru Tajima, Shinji Ushiroda and Daisuke Matsuoka)