|This article is written from the Real Life point of view|
Kynan Pearson is a video game designer formerly of Retro Studios. Pearson was a level designer for Metroid Prime 2: Echoes and Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. He was also involved in event planning for the latter and is credited under additional thanks. He was also the lead designer for Donkey Kong Country Returns and an unknown, unannounced project. Pearson left Retro in December 2010 and joined 343 Industries the next month, becoming the lead multiplayer level designer for Halo 4 and 5: Guardians, before working at Bluepoint Games (founded by former Retro Studios employees) for a few years. He is currently a creative consultant and the creative director at Playful Corp.
On Twitter, Pearson has commented that he prefers the Japanese covers of each Prime game, particularly Echoes. He said that Retro Studios has a larger version of the Japanese Echoes cover on display as a poster inside the studio, but was unsure if it was officially released. He also commented his belief that the Amorbis boss in Echoes would be an excellent toy or action figure.
Datamining of the Metroid Prime 2: Echoes Bonus Disc has revealed that PFC G. Haley, one of the deceased Federation Marines in the final game, was originally named K. Pearson. This is a clear reference to Kynan Pearson.
Interviewed by fanzine Switch Player in 2017, Pearson revealed what he wanted to see from Metroid Prime 4, which was announced during Nintendo's Spotlight conference in June. He hoped it would reimagine Metroid similarly to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, with a "fully realised planet featuring a vast surface and a deep subterranean world to explore".
- ^ a b Pearson, Kynan (KynanPearson). "Always loved the Japanese Metroid Prime 2 box art. Wish this had been the US cover." 27 Oct 2013 10:44 p.m. Tweet. https://twitter.com/KynanPearson/status/394640708037926913
- ^ "Amorbis: The massive boss of the Agon Wastes in #MetroidPrime2 would be such an impressive action figure or toy!" 16 Nov 2014 2:28 p.m. Tweet. https://twitter.com/KynanPearson/status/534051523286675456
- ^ http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/06/former_metroid_prime_designers_talk_about_what_they_want_from_a_new_metroid_game
- ^ Pearson, Kynan (KynanPearson). "For Display Only! Perks of having worked on Metroid games! ;)" 12 Jan 2013 5:47 p.m. Tweet. https://twitter.com/KynanPearson/status/290213446623035392
- ^ Pearson, Kynan (KynanPearson). "LOL. Donnie Darko Samus! an old personal sketch..." 28 Apr 2013 1:33 p.m. Tweet. https://twitter.com/KynanPearson/status/328547432378015745
- ^ Pearson, Kynan (KynanPearson). "Super Metroid Fun on WiiU! ;) #metroid #wiiu #miiverse #lol" 9 Jul 2013 5:52 p.m. Tweet. https://twitter.com/KynanPearson/status/354704513732583426
- ^ Pearson, Kynan (KynanPearson). "Samus #amiibo" 22 Nov 2014 6:20 p.m. Tweet. https://twitter.com/KynanPearson/status/536283123990814721
- ^ Pearson, Kynan (KynanPearson). "Let the memories begin! #metroidprime time!" 6 Feb 2015 10:20 p.m. Tweet. https://twitter.com/KynanPearson/status/563885045614526464
- ^ Pearson, Kynan (KynanPearson). "Moving offices today and now I need to find a new spot to hang stuff. #metroid" 24 Nov 2015 2:55 p.m. Tweet. https://twitter.com/KynanPearson/status/669227838931759104
- ^ a b Pearson, Kynan (KynanPearson). "Memories!" 24 Nov 2015 2:58 p.m. Tweet. https://twitter.com/KynanPearson/status/669228537522421760
- ^ Pearson, Kynan (KynanPearson). "Easily the best Samus armor I've seen yet. Retro Studios needs to buy that and display it in the office. #PAXWest2017 #Metroid" 4 Sep 2017 3:18 p.m. Tweet. https://twitter.com/KynanPearson/status/904770717924843520
- ^ Pearson, Kynan (KynanPearson). "Thank you so much @mercurysteam and Sakamoto-san for making another amazing Metroid. I hope this relationship continues on the Switch. :)" 16 Sep 2017 9:40 p.m. Tweet. https://twitter.com/KynanPearson/status/909215529201688577
- ^ Pearson, Kynan (KynanPearson). "I do Miss working on Metroid. A little Sunday Samus and Ridley whiteboard sketch I did today for fun. Made up a new suit. #Metroid #conceptart #gamedevelopment" 25 Feb 2018 7:50 p.m. Tweet. https://twitter.com/KynanPearson/status/967909645842112513
- ^ Pearson, Kynan (KynanPearson). "Samus and Ridley continued from previous tweet... Whiteboard remix #Metroid #gamedev #videogames #gameart" 25 February 2018 11:12 p.m. Tweet. https://twitter.com/KynanPearson/status/967960449546321920"
- ^ Pearson, Kynan (KynanPearson). "Doing another whiteboard Samus suit redesign sketch in anticipation of Prime 4. Trying to see how far I could push it and have it still be recognizable. Not gonna finish this one though. ERASE TIME! #Metroid #conceptart" 11 March 2018 10:45 p.m. Tweet. https://twitter.com/KynanPearson/status/973012067908308993"