Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This is a featured article.|
The Leviathan Battleship was an organism from Phaaze outfitted with technology by the Space Pirates onboard the Colossus, who had fallen under the control of Dark Samus. According to the Metroid Prime Trilogy art booklet and Space Pirate Data, some time after Dark Samus had spontaneously left the Colossus, she encountered a Leviathan during her search for Phaaze. Once she infected it with her particular strain of Phazon, she had the creature open a wormhole as a shortcut to reach her destination. Afterward, she took the Leviathan back to where she had left the Colossus and ordered the Pirates to follow her through her second trip to Phaaze. It was only after reaching the planet when the crew of the Colossus began installing cybernetic weapons, crew quarters and command consoles into the Leviathan and became their leader's flagship.
Samus Aran briefly visited this organic battleship in orbit around the Pirate Homeworld, via a Warp Site on the planet, to gain control of the vessel. If Samus boarded the Leviathan before having fully explored the G.F.S. Valhalla, she would learn from Aurora Unit 242 that a Pirate Code was needed to allow the Federation to gain access to the creature and advised her to investigate the Valhalla for any clues left behind by the Pirate raid. Once she acquired the codes, she employed them into the command consoles located in the creature's skull to gain control of the Leviathan.
Later on, this battleship was seen under the command by Fleet Admiral Castor Dane of the Galactic Federation, warping an entire fleet (including the G.F.S. Olympus) to Phaaze. Its last act was to open a Wormhole, which the Federation used to escape. However, the spacecraft was too slow to escape in time, or was purposely left behind to be destroyed, just as Phaaze exploded. The Leviathan Battleship was last seen disintegrating in the blast.
- Transportation Portal
- "Transportation portal online. Connection to the Pirate Homeworld has been established."
- Leviathan Core
- "Target appears to be a portion of the Leviathan's core. Invulnerable to all weaponry."
- Leviathan optical organ
- "Leviathan optical organ. Target appears to be sensitive to any kind of weapon fire."
- Before entering codes
- "Control terminal commands the Leviathan. Operate terminal to gain control of the Leviathan."
- Inside the ship, there are what the Scan Visor reveals to be optical sensors highly susceptible to weapons fire. When they are shot, they close and the room rumbles. If Samus shoots them at least 60 times, a Friend Voucher called "Leviathan Humiliated" will be awarded.
- It is impossible to determine where the Leviathan was originally headed, since Dark Samus stopped the creature in its tracks and thus never reached the planet it was meant to land on.
- The theme that plays when Samus aboards the Battleship is Phazon Area, originally used in Metroid Prime for level 3 of the Phazon Mines. The theme also plays on the first visit to Corrupted Pool, and a remix plays in each Leviathan seed.
- The Phazon Core of the Leviathan can be seen in the room Samus is teleported into. According to the Space Pirate Data log titled The Leviathan, the room is located within the creature's skull, suggesting Phazon Cores are nestled near the brains of their respective Leviathans.
|Space Pirate Vehicles|
|Large Spacecraft||Flagship • Mother Ship • Orpheon • Siriacus • Vol Paragom • Starship • Leviathan Battleship • Leviathan-class capital ship • Destroyer • Colossus • Marauder-class battleship • Plunderer-class cruiser • Dragüd's Ship • Doomseye|
|Space fighters||Zebesian Pirate Ship • Boarding Pod • Fang-class fighter • Missile Transport (Elite) • Pirate Warship|
|Areas in Metroid Prime 3: Corruption|
(Cliffside • Thorn Jungle • Fire • Ice • Seed)
(SkyTown • East SkyTown • Seed)
(Command • Research • Mines • Seed)
|Planets visited in the Metroid Series|
|Other locations visited in the Metroid Series|
|Seeds||Impact Crater • Bryyo Seed • Elysia Seed • Pirate Seed • Leviathan Battleship|
|Biology||Leviathan womb • Leviathan Infant • Leviathan optical organ • Phazon Core • Tentacle|
|Guardians||Metroid Prime • Emperor Ing • Mogenar • Helios • Omega Ridley|
|Inhabitants||Butterflies • Fission Metroid • Lumigek • Missile Blocker • Parasitic fungus • Phazon Leech • Scorchbug • Scritter • Swarmbot • Seed platform • Protozoan • Maggot|
|Technology||Leviathan Command Codes • Wormhole • Leviathan-class capital ship|
|Items||Hyper Ball • Hyper Grapple • Hyper Missile • Force Ball|
|Hybrids||Asborean • Chozo Statue • Darkling • Dark Samus • Dark Suit • Light Suit • PED Suit • Samus Aran • Unnamed Suit|
|Bio/Mechanical||Aurora Unit • B.O.X. Security Robot • Cortex Chamber • Dark Diligence Drone • Dark Ingsmasher • Dark Quad • Fusion Suit • Mother Brain • Nightmare • Quadraxis • SA-X • Space Pirate Boarding Pod|
|Cyborgs|| Crash Pillar • Cyborg Zebesian • Ghor (-G) • Kyratian • Leviathan Battleship • Pirate Militia • Preed (Dark) • Puffer Mine • Ridley (Meta/Omega) • Samus Aran • Slench • Space Pirate • Weavel • Zebesian |
Large Leviathan-class armed ship • U-ton