|This is a featured article.|
|“||I offer you this blessed suit of armor, energized by the Light of Aether itself. Its power will help you reach these final keys. May it serve you well in the darkness!||„|
Samus Aran's Light Suit is a fusion of Luminoth and Chozo technology. It was created by the Luminoth as the ultimate armor with which to combat the Ing. It renders Samus completely invulnerable to the damaging effects of Dark Aether. The Light Suit itself is powered by the Light of Aether, and as such is only obtained after she has returned the planetary energy to all three temples. Once all three have been restored, U-Mos will give her the Light Suit upon her return to the Great Temple. The suit allows Samus to traverse Dark Water without taking damage, as well as walk through swarms of Ingstorm and ride on Light Shafts. These beams of light teleport Samus between the four main temples, aiding her final quest in recovering the Sky Temple Keys.
The Light Suit is characterized by its sleek, streamlined design and white coloring. The suit has several holes of varying sizes covering the exterior on the chest, back, shoulders and legs that shine brightly in Dark Aether.
Notably the suit is much less bulky compared to previous Suits Samus has worn. More of the segmented material under Samus' armour is shown than in other Suits, and the armour itself is thinner, especially on the arms and shoulders. Also radically different are the knee pads, which are sharper and longer than on any other Suit. The tongues on Samus' boots are no longer present, instead being replaced in favor of a more curvatured sole.
After Dark Aether disappears, Samus' suit reverts back to the Varia Suit as she leaves the planet Aether, since she returns the Light of Aether (and with it, the Light Suit in which it is contained) back to the Luminoth race.
The Light Suit is a fusion of Luminoth and Chozo battlesuit technology.
The suit is fully resistant to the effects of Dark Aether.
The suit is also invulnerable to the effects of dark water. You can move through it without being impeded.
The Light Suit is able to access the Luminoth energy transport system. You can ride these beams of energy between regions on Aether.
QUESTION: I got the Light Suit!! I saw it in the demo movie (on the game’s title screen) and thought it wasn’t that cool, but when I got it, I realized how cool it was... For some reason I hadn't thought it was cool. Staff, do you think the Light Suit is cool?
ANSWER: Our concept for the Light Suit was to make something artistically and from a design point refined. We're glad you ended up liking it!
- Dark Samus' appearance in Metroid Prime 3: Corruption strangely resembles the Light Suit's shape and has similar features, such as the two tubes on the helmet, the streamlined appearance as with the shoulder pads, and the situation of the dots on the shoulders. It is believed that this is a reference to her possible attempt to steal the Light Suit at the end of Echoes.
- Samus' blue eyes can be viewed through the Visor in certain cases.
- When the Light Suit is first acquired, the visor has an orange hue like that of the Dark Suit's. However, it soon fades to translucent white. This hue is present in the suit's concept artwork.
- Upon acquisition, the Gravity Boost melds with the back of the suit, leaving no visible traces. The same occurs with the Grapple Beam, as it appears to meld and change color with the forearm of the suit.
- Player 2 in Metroid Prime 2: Echoes Multiplayer appears to bear armor similar to the Light Suit. In addition, one of the colour schemes the player can select when playing as Samus in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U resembles the Light Suit.
- In Metroid Prime: Episode of Aether, Samus has the Light Suit in Chapter 6. Chapter 6 started off as a major jump in plot, as the events between the acquisition of the Light Suit and the defeat of the Bomb Guardian are not depicted in this manga.
- Canonically, U-Mos creates the suit after every temple's energy is restored. However, the only energy needed in game to obtain the Light Suit is the Sanctuary Fortress', as revealed through Sequence Breaking. If Samus skips the Dark Suit through Sequence Breaking and obtains the Light Suit with the Varia Suit, Samus will bear the Dark Suit in the cutscene for the sake of acquiring the Light Suit, but it will change to said Suit once the scene is over.
|Samus Aran's Suits|
|Power Suits||Power Suit • Varia Suit (Varia) • Gravity Suit • Zero Suit • Justin Bailey • Phazon Suit • Dark Suit • Light Suit • Fusion Suit • PED Suit • Hazard Shield • "Unnamed Suit" • Fully Powered Suit|
|Attire||Ending Outfit • Military Dress • Civilian Clothes • Parka|
|Mechanics||Power Suit Mechanics • Fusion Suit Mechanics • Suit Upgrade Properties|
|Hybrids||Asborean • Chozo Statue • Darkling • Dark Samus • Dark Suit • Light Suit • PED Suit • Samus Aran • Unnamed Suit|
|Bio/Mechanical||Aurora Unit • B.O.X. Security Robot • Cortex Chamber • Dark Diligence Drone • Dark Ingsmasher • Dark Quad • Fusion Suit • Mother Brain • Nightmare • Quadraxis • SA-X • Space Pirate Boarding Pod|
|Cyborgs|| Crash Pillar • Cyborg Zebesian • Ghor (-G) • Kyratian • Leviathan Battleship • Pirate Militia • Preed (Dark) • Puffer Mine • Ridley (Meta/Omega) • Samus Aran • Slench • Space Pirate • Weavel • Zebesian |
Large Leviathan-class armed ship • U-ton