Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Main Research is a large room in the Sanctuary Fortress in Metroid Prime 2: Echoes. Upon first entry, some sonic emitters are activated, and must be destroyed to raise an Echo Gate and allow access to a portal to Staging Area. Another exists at the bottom of a chamber in the middle, which houses the Caretaker Class Drone.
- Transit Station (via Blue Door)
- Staging Area (via Dark Portal)
- Central Area Transport West (via Blue Door)
- Torvus Transport Access (via Yellow Hatch)
- 2 Quad CMs
- "Mechanism: Quad CM
- Rogue combat drone.
- Command Module relies on ranged attacks. Beam shield can be breached by opposite-polarity systems."
- 2 Quad MBs
- "Mechanism: Quad MB
- Rogue combat drone.
- Main Body specializes in close combat. Lower venting system can be damaged by concussive attacks. Boost attack can disrupt its vortex spin."
- 2 Rezbits
- "Mechanism: Rezbit
- Rogue patrol drone.
- Variable beam cannon and digital virus delivery system makes target very dangerous. Barrier shield and phasing power help protect it from damage."
- Caretaker Class Drone
- "Mechanism: "Caretaker" Class Drone
Rogue maintenance drone.
Drone designed to protect a magnetic rail chamber. Chamber's rails are a Boost Jump apart; perhaps the Luminoth were experimenting with Boost technology."
- Samus must use several Spider Ball Tracks on a wall, while avoiding various obstacles, to get this item.
- Luminoth Lore (Torvus Falls) (Gamecube version only)
- "The Ing turned their focus on the Torvus Bog next, sending a vast force to lay siege to the temple there. Thousands upon thousands of Ing were destroyed by our warriors, yet they kept coming until there was no Luminoth alive to offer resistance in Torvus. On that day, the energy of Torvus was taken to Dark Aether, and our hopes for survival grew dim."
- Luminoth Lore (Sanctuary Falls) (Trilogy version only)
- "Our battered forces gathered in the Sanctuary Fortress to prepare for the inevitable siege there. They didn't wait long. Wave after wave of Ing assaulted the greatest of our fortresses, with one goal in mind: to seize the energy there. The Ing turned the machines of Sanctuary against our warriors, and soon all was lost. The energy of Sanctuary was taken by the Ing. Only one Energy Controller remained on Aether."
- Spider Ball Track
- "System: Spider Ball Track
- Magnetic rail system track.
- In Morph Ball mode, press and hold R* when close to this type of surface. Use Control Stick to move the Ball along the track. Release R* to disengage from the surface.
- CAUTION: A Morph Ball Bomb will briefly disengage the Ball from the track."
- Sonic Door
- "Object scan complete.
This door uses a sonic security system.
Sonic detection gear needed to interface with this system. Door is receiving commands via sonic beam; the commands are keeping it shut. Destroying the sonic beam emitters may open the door."
- Dark Portal (inactive)
- "This rift portal is inactive.
The portal field can be energized with dark energy. Walk into an energized portal to transport to Dark Aether."
- Dark Portal (active)
- "This portal is active.
Walk into the portal to transport to Dark Aether. Extreme caution recommended once transit is complete."
- Locked door (until after Caretaker fight)
- "Door system access denied.
Unable to bypass security codes. Seek an alternate exit."
This room is responsible for the most fatal glitch in Echoes. Should Samus, for any reason, leave the room before destroying all sonic emitters, the door will be locked permanently and she will not be able to continue until she either restarts the game or performs a Kip Dash. If she hasn't saved the game, she can also restart from the last save point.
|Sequence Breaking|| Arm pumping • Block Shifting Glitch • Door Jump • Early Ice Beam • Early Super Missiles • Ghetto Jump |
Infinite Speed • Mockball • Roll Jump • Zebetite Glitch
|Weapons||Chainsaw Beam • Murder Beam • Rapid Fire Missiles • Shadow Freezing|
|Easy Upgrades||Golden Torizo code • Spacetime Beam|
|Game-Ending||Pyrosphere door glitch • Artifact of Warrior • Main Research • Mine Lift|
|Miscellaneous||Blue Suit glitch • Secret World • Name glitch • Visor cutscene glitch|