The Map Facility is a room in the Frigate Orpheon in Metroid Prime. As Samus enters the room, a cutscene plays, showing a number of Parasites leaving through a low tunnel in the wall. Entering this leads to another part of the room, which contains, as its name suggests, a Map Station, besides a few scannable panels. When Samus enters the room, the Parasites are gone.
- "Ventilation tunnel to Navigation room."
- Map Station
- "Map Station
Walk into Map Station holograms to download a map of the area you're in."
- "Parasitic infestation has been detected in the ventilation systems of Decks Gamma and Beta."
- "Two Parasite Queen specimens have become volatile on Deck Beta.
All security personnel should report to the Biotech Research Area."
- "Frigate exterior hull stable and fully functional."
- One of the scans in this room depicts the hull of the Orpheon, which resembles that of the Space Pirate Mother Ship from Metroid: Zero Mission. This suggests this ship is the same model as the Mother Ship.
- Interestingly, Space Pirate hand prints can be seen on the computer terminals. They are identical to hand prints on Pirate Hand Scanners in Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, so it is possible that the Pirates use the terminals similar to Hand Scanners.
- This is the first map room Samus encounters in Metroid Prime.