A Meboid is a small amoeba-like creature that is native to planet SR388 and poses little threat to Samus. Despite its name, it is not related in any apparent way to the Metroids on the same planet. It barely moves, and stays close to where it appears.
In Metroid: Samus Returns, Meboids return as small swarms of flying creatures that doggedly pursue Samus and cause heavy damage. She can destroy them easily with the Beam Burst and/or Plasma Beam. Alternatively, she can pass through them without damage via the Lightning Armor.
Metroid II manualEdit
- "This is an amoeba-like creature. They just move back and forth."
- Inhabitants & Eco System of SR388 (p. 19)
- "Like other swarm-type enemies, Meboids don’t actively attack you; they simply swim around watery areas in a fixed route. If you walk into their path, you’ll take damage. Instead, hit them hard with your Lightning Armor melee attack to cut straight through the lot of them. This is an excellent way to replenish your supplies."
- Walkthrough (p. 141)
- "Meboids are another swarm type like Blob Swarms, Parabies, and Mumbos. These, however, are almost completely harmless. Like Mumbos, they fly back and forth around a specific area and only deal damage if you come into direct contact with them. The main difference between Meboids and the one-eyed Mumbos is that these are water creatures.
Rather than enemies, think of them as a great way to refill your resources. Turn on your Lightning Armor and use melee attacks to clear them quickly and reap the items they leave behind."
- It is unknown if the Meboid species was infected by the X Parasites, as Samus never encountered any Meboid-X in Metroid Fusion. They may have appeared as infected and/or X-mimicked variants called Yamebas, given their similar names and appearances, but this relationship has not been confirmed.