Meltable Metal (as named in object data) is an obstacle encountered several times in Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. It is highly combustible and can be completely melted using a high-temperature weapon, in Samus Aran's case, the Plasma Beam. It takes several uncharged shots to melt, but one completely charged shot will melt it instantly. This metal predominately appears on SkyTown, Elysia, but also appears once in the Bryyo Cliffside, the Pirate Mines and the G.F.S. Valhalla.
- Transit Hub - Several chunks of this metal block the use of a special Kinetic Orb Cannon.
- Aurora Lift - Panels of this metal block access to SkyTown Storage Units.
- Main Docking Bay - Debris from the jaw of the Ou-Qua bust above the room's entryway cracks and falls when Ghor throws Samus Aran's Gunship at the statue. After Samus battles Ghor, she has the Plasma Beam, and can melt this metal.
- Security Station - A panel is off to the side of the door separating the two halves of this room. Two additional blockages obstruct access to a Morph Ball tunnel.
- Podworks - Walls of this material block Circuit boards crucial to Samus' successful escape from the Spire Dock.
- Hall of the Golems - Three Bryyonian Golems exist in this room, each with a clamp over their Bomb Slots, one of which is made of this metal and must be destroyed with the Plasma Beam. After doing this and using the Slot, the Golem will breathe fire on a door, melting the metal and opening it.
- Landing Site Charlie - Several deposits of this metal make it impossible for Samus to land her Gunship here safely. Upon clearing the pad sufficiently, the Landing Beacons will extend.
- Stairwell - Clamps made of this metal must be melted to use two Energy Cell Stations.
- "Scans detect the alloys within this metal are vulnerable to heat. High-temp shots could melt it."
- Ou-Qua bust jaw
- "Structural analysis complete. Interior alloy appears to be highly susceptible to extreme heat."
- Fire Golem (Hall of the Golems)
- "Security clamp in place. High-temp weaponry could destroy the clamp."
- Door (Hall of the Golems)
- "Door is sealed shut. High-temp vulnerabilities detected. Unable to destroy directly."
|Hazardous||Acid (Beta) • Acid Rain • Afloraltite • Dark Water • Fire • Fuel Gel • Lava • Phazon • Purple liquid|
|Gases||Dark vapor • Industrial-grade pesticide • Meta-viprium gas • Nohadin gas • Noxious gasses • Poison gas • Talvania Gas|
|Destructible|| Bendezium • Brinstone • Cordite • Denzium • Frigidite • Glass • Grobnite • Ice • Maldium • Meltable Metal • Radion • Sandstone • Talloric Alloy • Vegetation • Zebetite |
Kelbium and Zafrite
|Phazon||Red • Crystal • Black Crystal • Mass • Ore • Elite Nutrient Mix • Strain Vertigo • Phazite (Red) • Concentrated|
|Crystals||Ammolite/Witherite Shards • Black Phazon • Crystallized Fuel Gel • Crystals • Dark Sentinel • Lift • Liftvine • Light • Phazon • Red magma • Sentinel|
|Ore||Urthic • Phazon|
|Miscellaneous||Invisible platform • Jovian steel • Liquid Resource • Sand • Vaccine "Metroid" • Waste • Water|