Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This article is written
from the Real Life
point of view
The Metroid Prime 2: Echoes Bonus Disc was a preview demo for Metroid Prime 2: Echoes on the Nintendo GameCube. The disc contained trailers, an up-to-date Chronicle on all of the currently released Metroid games, a slideshow of concept art from Metroid Prime and then Echoes (which is accompanied by the Tallon Overworld theme), and a demo featuring a remixed room layout (compared to the final released game).
The disc was mailed to those on Nintendo.com who registered enough games (without a case), and was later bundled with Metroid Prime in new packaging. This new set was then bundled with GameCubes later on.
The gameplay uses twelve rooms from the actual Echoes, in a new layout. Samus Aran starts the demo in front of her Gunship, then after descending the elevator to Agon Wastes she is just outside of the Space Pirate base. The normal sequence of events continue, stopping once the player defeats a pair of Warrior Ing in Dark Aether and steps into a Light Portal.
- The Phazon Mines theme plays on the menu screen.
- An extended version of the included demo was available for play at E3.
- Samus has access to the Light and Dark Beams from the start, along with two Energy Tanks and thirty Missiles. A single Missile Expansion can be found in a Morph Ball tunnel in the Command Center, thus making the number of Missiles Samus has to be thirty five.
- The tagline in the start-up screen of the Nintendo GameCube is "From Prime to Echoes, watch the Metroid universe evolve!"
- Luminoth Webbing is named as such in this demo.
- What would normally be scanned as a Webling is instead described by the "Dark Webbing" they create in this demo.
- Splinters and their cocoons are found in the Agon Wastes.
- In Command Center Access, a Light barrier is present, and can be dematerialized with the Dark Beam. A dark variant invulnerable to all weapons is also present in the room, but neither of these are seen in the final game, as Samus does not have the Dark or Light Beams at the time she explores the room.
- M-Dhe's body is strangely not present in the game even though the Landing Site is.
- The Record of Samus theme is more uplifting in this demo.
- List of Rooms in Metroid Prime 2: Echoes Bonus Disc
- List of creatures in Metroid Prime 2: Echoes Bonus Disc