Wikitroid is a community that aims to create the best resource for Metroid, a series of video games produced by Nintendo.
We are currently editing 3,935 articles and growing.
While we have grown bigger and better over the past few years, we are still in need of help! See below for suggestions on what you can do to help us grow bigger.
All pages can be edited and you are welcome to join us and contribute to this wiki. Everyone is free to create a new page or edit an existing one.
Warning: This wiki contains spoilers. Read at your own risk.
This day in history
- June 16, 2015: Metroid Prime: Federation Force is announced at E3,
to be released in 2016 for Nintendo 3DS.
- October 19, 2014: N1ghtrav3n is promoted to administrator.
- August 20, 2014: Bearborg is promoted to administrator.
- July 29, 2013: Sylux X is promoted to patroller.
- November 17, 2012: Metroid Prime and Metroid Fusion turn 10.
- September 7, 2012: N1ghtrav3n is promoted to patroller.
- April 20, 2012: Bob is now the Wikitroid mascot!
- April 10, 2012: AdmiralSakai is promoted to administrator.
- April 4, 2012: The Exterminator is promoted to bureaucrat.
- August 6, 2011: The Metroid Series turns 25 years old!
Did You Know...
- ...that the SA-X's artificial intelligence coding in Metroid Fusion is easily manipulated, despite it being described as an "intelligent being"?
- ...that the RB176 Ferrocrusher resembles the loader from the film Aliens, which was a source of inspiration for the Metroid games?
- ...that Metroids will not evolve into the next stage of their natural life cycle if not on their home planet of SR388?
- ...that Air Holes resemble Warp Pipes in Super Mario Bros.?