|This article is written
from the Real Life
point of view
Mike Wikan was the Senior Game Designer at Retro Studios. Wikan appeared recently in the Developer's Voice feature promoting the Metroid Prime Trilogy. He is currently working for id Software and lives in Austin, Texas.
Mike first entered into the world of video game development in 1993, when he began work as Concept Artist for n-Space, later moving into the role of Lead Game Designer. He worked there until 1997, when he left and joined Accolade, working as Lead Game Designer, and continued work there until 2000, when he left to join Retro Studios. In 2011, Mike left Retro Studios to id Games. He has since left and is working on an undisclosed project with an unknown company.
These are the games Mike Wikan has been credited in:
- Tigershark (1997), GT Interactive Software Corp.
- Duke Nukem Time To Kill (1999) GT Interactive Software Corp.
- Slave Zero (2000), Infogrames Europe SA
- Metroid Prime (2002), Nintendo of America Inc.
- Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (2004), Nintendo of America Inc.
- Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (2007), Nintendo of America Inc.
- Metroid Prime Trilogy (2009), Nintendo of America Inc.
- Donkey Kong Country Returns (2010), Nintendo of America, Inc.