Samus Aran's Military Dress was an outfit that appeared in the Metroid: Other M flashback cutscenes depicting her service in the Galactic Federation Army. She wore these clothes as a young woman with her hair being shorter than it was in the present day (of the timeline). It was not playable in-game.
Her Military Dress consisted of a long green army shirt that was partly unbuttoned, showing a red shirt underneath. Samus wore grey fatigues and kneeguards with what appeared to be a holster similar to that of her Paralyzer and brown knee-high combat boots. She also wore fingerless gloves and an earpiece over her left ear. The Military Dress was only named in the Metroid: Other M Art Folio.
Metroid: Other M Art FolioEdit
- Young Samus in Military Dress
- "I always had something to prove while enlisted in the Galactic Federation Army - at the time, I felt surrounded by people who treated me like a child, or used kid gloves because I was a woman. In the face of the well-meaning behavior of the other soldiers, my response was to become increasingly bitter."
- In the pre-credits ending of Other M, Samus wore Civilian Clothes that may in fact be another military outfit of hers.
- According to in-game artwork of this outfit, Samus was about "15-17 years old" in this appearance.
- Though the Military Dress was unplayable in-game, there was collision data for Samus in this appearance which alluded to the possibility that she was playable at some point.
|Samus Aran's Suits|
|Power Suits||Power Suit • Varia Suit (Varia) • Gravity Suit • Zero Suit • Justin Bailey • Phazon Suit • Dark Suit • Light Suit • Fusion Suit • PED Suit • Hazard Shield • "Unnamed Suit" • Fully Powered Suit|
|Attire||Ending Outfit • Military Dress • Civilian Clothes • Parka|
|Mechanics||Power Suit Mechanics • Fusion Suit Mechanics • Suit Upgrade Properties|