Missile Ammo is an item in the Metroid series that replenishes the Missile count of Samus' Power Suit. They appear as floating Missiles and can be collected by touching them. Missile Ammo is released by defeated enemies and various storage containers on the different planets.
The amount of Missiles restored on collecting one is usually five, but in some games there are different types of ammo that restore different amounts. They are as follows:
- Metroid - A small rocket that flashes orange and blue and restores 2 Missiles (although Missile Ammo collected from defeated Metroids in Tourian can restore 30 Missiles).
- Metroid II: Return of Samus - Small triangular projectile that restores 5 Missiles.
- Super Metroid - A larger, pink tipped projectile that restores 2 Missiles.
- Metroid Fusion - Not present -- X Parasites are used instead; Green X restore 2 Missiles, Red X and Core-X restore 50 Missiles.
- Metroid: Zero Mission - Resembles that of Super Metroid, but is smaller; restores 2 Missiles.
- Metroid Prime - Three different types of ammo that each restore different amounts. Small restores 3, medium 5 and large 10. Each has a different shape and its own Logbook entry. This only applies to the PAL and Wii versions of Prime; all other versions only have one type of ammo (a 5-missile refill, equivalent to the medium ammo pickup from the PAL and Wii versions).
- Metroid Prime 2: Echoes - Two different types of ammo, each looking like a collection of "spikes". A pickup with one set of "spikes" restores 5 missiles; one with two sets restores 10 missiles.
- Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - Small, brown-yellow rocket. Resembles the Echoes Missile Expansion. One type of ammo pickup restores 5 missiles, another restores 10, and a third restores 25.
- Metroid Prime Hunters - Resembles Prime's incarnation. The smaller type restores 10 missiles, and the larger one restores 25.
- Metroid: Other M - Not present - Concentration is used instead; usable at any time, it replenishes all Missiles.
Small Missile Ammo
Missile Ammunition. Resupplies Missile Launcher with 3 rounds of ammo.
Medium Missile Ammo
Missile Ammunition. Resupplies Missile Launcher with 5 rounds of ammo.
Metroid Prime HuntersEdit
Replenishes MISSILE reserves by 10 MISSILES.
Metroid Prime 2: EchoesEdit
Resupplies Missile Launcher with 5 rounds of Ammo.
Metroid Prime 3: CorruptionEdit
Adds 5 ammo to Missile Launcher.
Adds 10 ammo to Missile Launcher.
|Restorative|| Energy Capsule • Anti-Phazon Unit • Missile Ammo • Super Missile Ammo • Beam Ammo • Universal Ammunition |
Power Bomb Ammo • Extra Ball • Special Token • Ship Missile Ammunition • X Parasite • AUX ammo • Aeion Orb
|Extras||Bounty Coin • Gold Credit|