O-Lir, a Luminoth and Guardian of Sanctuary Temple, was the inventor of the Quad robots, as well as Quadraxis. Unfortunately, O-Lir fell to these machines, but left messages in a Luminoth holoprojector that helped Samus Aran return energy to Sanctuary Sector.
O-Lir lamented being unable to join Samus in battle, saying "my time has passed". Judging from O-Lir's scan, it appears that O-Lir was a skilled warrior. O-Lir died defending the Sanctuary Temple against the very machines the Sentinel created to help the Luminoth.
Like the other sub-sentinels, O-lir's hologram reappears one last time behind Samus to thank her and salute her after she restores the region's planetary energy.
"Bioscan complete. Luminoth subject terminated 1.1 decacycles ago. Subject has taken damage from a number of Luminoth weapon systems, most likely those used by rogue Luminoth combat drones. It took more than the Ing to defeat this warrior."
- Spider Ball
- "The machines travel on a network of magnetic rails. They go to places you cannot reach.
It's a pity I didn't have the time to craft a way for people to use those rails as the machines do."
- Power Bomb
- "The machines have fashioned a new alloy of considerable strength.
They use this metal to block access to key areas. Destroy it if you can!"
- Echo Visor
- "The last of our champion's visors used sound to target the unseen.
Recover it from its place of honor and use it wisely!"
- Annihilator Beam
- "The strongest weapon of our champion is in the hands of the enemy.
It fires a blast of light and dark energy, and has no equal. Find it soon!"
- Like the other temple Sentinels, O-Lir will give Samus hints about what power-up she can acquire next, should she activate the hologram again. O-Lir provides hints about the Spider Ball, Power Bomb, Echo Visor and Annihilator Beam.
- Strangely enough, O-Lir, unlike the other Temple Guardians, will give hints to Samus about her own stolen upgrades, while I-Sha or A-Voq do not.
| Guardian of Sanctuary Temple ||Succeeded by:|