The central rotating pillar
|Notable features||Segmented Pillar with three Spider Ball Tracks, metal walkways, Phazon ore|
|Significance||Puzzle, access to Storage Depot B, Elevator Access A, and Waste Disposal|
|Enemies/wildlife||Power Troopers, Wave Trooper, Metroids|
Ore Processing is a room in Metroid Prime. This room has three floors. There is a big pillar in the center of the room with three different colored Spider Ball Tracks. The pillar is made up of three separately rotated segments. Each track leads to a floor, and Samus must solve a puzzle which consists on laying bombs so the pillar spins and the tracks connect. The last control unit is blocked by Bendezium, so Samus must use Power Bombs to access it. At the top are two Grapple Points for reaching Waste Disposal.
- Waste Disposal (via White Door)
- Storage Depot B (via White Door)
- Elevator Access A (via White Door)
- Research Access (via White Door)
- 2 Power Troopers
- 1 Wave Trooper
- 3 Metroids (after releasing the metroids in the Metroid Quarantine A) 
- "This hologram represents the central pillar in this room. The pillar contains several rotating sections. They can be moved to gain access to different areas. Rotation of the pillar will alter the path of its magnetic rail tracks."
- Bomb Slot
- "This is a rotation control unit for the section of the pillar. It requires power to operate."