It is a small tunnel with two ledges facing each other, with a Grapple Point for swinging across. Below the Grapple Point is a pit of Phazon (from which the room's name originates) which a Dark Tallon Metroid emerges from.
- 1 Dark Tallon Metroid
- "Morphology: Dark Tallon Metroid
- Darkling-possessed energy parasite.
- Symbiote makes target stronger in battle. Vulnerable to concussive blasts. Dislikes bright light."
- Grapple Point (before obtaining Grapple Beam)
- "Object scan complete.
- Analysis indicates a viable attach point for the Grapple Beam.
- Grapple Beam module missing. Unable to attach to grapple at this time."
- Grapple Point
- "System: Grapple Point
Unit is a viable attach point for the Grapple Beam.
To use the Grapple Beam, use L when the icon appears."
- "Element: Phazon
Volatile ore with biomutagenic properties.
Origin point of Phazon unknown. First detection of element on planet Tallon IV. Used by Space Pirates to produce vast levels of energy."
- In the New Play Control! and Metroid Prime Trilogy versions of Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, the Impact Crater theme from the original Metroid Prime will play instead of the Sky Temple Grounds theme.