Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Ruined Gallery is a room in the Chozo Ruins in Metroid Prime. It is a large room with harmful toxic water covering the floor before the defeat of Flaahgra and a War Wasp Hive in the center of the ceiling. Broken ledges around the walls that are kept up by pillars provide passage between the two upper doors that lead to adjoining rooms. Beneath the ledge on one side, a door with a Red Blast Shield provides access to a Map Station.
- Tangle Weed
- 3 Blastcaps
- 1 War Wasp Hive (containing War Wasps) (later on in the game, this is replaced by a number of Shriekbats)
- Missile Expansion
- There is a Brinstone wall below one of the exit doors, which can be destroyed using the Missile Launcher to reveal an alcove containing the expansion.
- Missile Expansion
- A tunnel against the wall at floor-level is blocked with a substance that a Morph Ball Bomb can be used to break open. It must be deployed while performing a Bomb Jump to explode at the required height. Entering the tunnel via another Bomb Jump leads to the expansion, then back to another opening into the same room.
- "These pipes are part of an irrigation system. The source of the water is unknown, but all liquid in this area is toxic."
- "This small tunnel leads back behind the wall. Width of the opening is approximately 1 meter in diameter."
- "Toxicity levels of this water are very high. Contact with contaminated liquid extremely hazardous."
- "Stress points present in Brinstone wall. A concussive blast may shatter it."
- This room is the only place in the game where brown-colored Shriekbats appear; in all other locations, they are green.
- Door data refers to this room as "MonkeyUpper", indicating a connection to the removed BloodMonkey character.
- This room's geometry appears to contain remnants of an unused exit. Above the Map Station door and to the right, a conspicuous section of wall can be seen with pipes extending from behind it. Although this wall is completely indestructible, it still contains a short section of hallway behind it, with unusual red lighting. The hallway ends abruptly, where it was presumably cut out by Retro designers.
- According to former Retro Studios tech lead Jack Mathews, the Ruined Gallery was the second room to be created during the development of Metroid Prime.