The Ruined Shrine as seen from the Half-pipe
|Notable features||Morph Ball, Half-pipe, Missile Expansions, Spider Ball Track|
|Significance||Location of Morph Ball, location of two Missile Expansions, Plated Beetle mini-boss fight|
|Enemies/wildlife||Beetles, Plated Beetle, Chozo Ghosts|
The Ruined Shrine is a room in Metroid Prime in the Chozo Ruins. It is a fairly small, square room where harmless debris constantly falls from the ceiling, and is where Samus obtains the Morph Ball. This can be collected after she defeats all enemies in the room: a number of Beetles followed by a Plated Beetle. The latter can be defeated by shooting its rear with the Power Beam or Missiles when it attacks.
There is a weak section of wall low down here, which, when opened up with a Morph Ball Bomb, reveals a small area containing a Missile Expansion. Another of these is found in a similar, higher up room, through a tunnel to one side of the Half-pipe that is found at the entrance to the room. The Boost Ball is needed to reach this. The Purple Door leading to Tower of Light Access is reachable with the Spider Ball: there is another Morph Ball-sized tunnel on the other side of the Half-pipe that leads to a Spider Ball Track that can be used to access the door.
- Morph Ball
- Rewarded after the defeat of the Plated Beetle.
- Missile Expansion
- This is found through a tunnel from the main room by breaking open the entrance with a bomb.
- Missile Expansion
- Another tunnel that can be reached from the room's half-pipe leads to the small area containing this expansion.
- "Stonework in sample region has been refined to a typical smoothness."
- Blue orbs
- "These blue orbs seem to be simple light sources."
- "Whereabouts of retraction device for wall currently unknown."
- "Multiple microscopic fractures found throughout Sandstone wall section."
- By utilizing Ghetto Jumps, it is possible for Samus to reach the Morph Ball without triggering the appearance of the Beetles.