|This article is written from the Real Life point of view|
The Item Acquisition Fanfare is the classic jingle that is heard every time Samus acquires a new item in all Metroid games, with the exception of Metroid: Other M. The Nintendo Entertainment System version of Metroid used a slightly different jingle (retained in Metroid: Zero Mission), while the Famicom Disk System version's jingle is similar to the more familiar flourish used in other games. On the Metroid Prime & Fusion Original Soundtracks, this theme is called the Get Item Jingle.
The fanfare is also used for other events in the series, such as defeating Kraid and Ridley in Metroid, unlocking Security Rooms in Metroid Fusion or using a Map, Missile or Ammo Station in Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2: Echoes.
Below is a list of arrangements:
- Metroid - 
- Famicom version - 
- Metroid II: Return of Samus - 
- Super Metroid - 
- Super Smash Bros. - 
- Super Smash Bros. Melee - 
- Metroid Fusion - 
- Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, Metroid Prime Pinball, Metroid Prime Hunters, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption and Metroid: Samus Returns - 
- Metroid: Zero Mission -  and 
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U - 
- Jam With the Band - In the instrument trivia, this song is played to demonstrate the pipe organ.