|This article is written from the Real Life point of view|
The Item Acquisition Fanfare (アイテム取得ファンファーレ) is the classic jingle that is heard every time Samus acquires a new item in all Metroid games, with the exception of Metroid: Other M. The Nintendo Entertainment System version of Metroid used a slightly different jingle (retained in Metroid: Zero Mission), while the Famicom Disk System version's jingle is similar to the more familiar flourish used in later games. On the Metroid Prime & Fusion Original Soundtracks, this theme is called the Get Item Jingle (アイテム取得ジングル).
In Metroid and Super Metroid, the fanfare is used when acquiring every item, including expansions. Metroid Prime introduces the Tank Jingle, which is a shorter and heard when collecting expansions, although the Item Acquisition Fanfare still plays when picking up Power Bomb Expansions in Prime. The Tank Jingle is reused in every subsequent Prime game and Metroid: Samus Returns. When collecting an expansion in Metroid Fusion and Metroid: Zero Mission, a "whish" sound is heard.
The fanfare is also used for other events in the series, such as defeating Kraid and Ridley in Metroid, unlocking Security Rooms in Metroid Fusion or using a Map, Missile or Ammo Station in Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2: Echoes.
A remixed version titled Samus Victory! is used as the victory fanfare that plays whenever Samus, whether in her Varia or Zero Suit forms, wins a match in the Super Smash Bros. series. An aggressive and sinister arrangement of the fanfare is used for Ridley when he wins a match in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
In WarioWare D.I.Y., the Item Acquisition Fanfare is part of 9-volt's Metroid record, which is a techno remix including some of the original's 8-bit instruments.
Below is a list of arrangements:
- Metroid - 
- Famicom version - 
- Metroid II: Return of Samus - 
- Super Metroid - 
- Super Smash Bros. - 
- This version is music track 18 in the Sound Test.
- Super Smash Bros. Melee - 
- This version is titled Samus's Victory in the Melee Sound Test.
- Metroid Fusion - 
- Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, Metroid Prime Pinball, Metroid Prime Hunters, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption and Metroid: Samus Returns - 
- In the Samus Returns internal files, the fanfare is titled Sphere Jingle Placeholder, presumably referring to the Item Sphere.
- Metroid: Zero Mission -  and 
- Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt - 
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U - 
- This version is fanfare 4 in the Brawl Sound Test. It is not included in the respective Sound Tests of 3DS and Wii U.
- Jam With the Band - In the instrument trivia, this song is played to demonstrate the pipe organ.
- WarioWare D.I.Y. - 
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - 
- In Return of Samus, the Item Acquisition Fanfare is the only returning music theme from the original Metroid.
- In Super Metroid, when entering the room containing the three Etecoons, they will sing the theme before starting to Wall Jump.