|This article is written
from the Real Life
point of view
The Item Acquisition Fanfare is the classic jingle that is heard every time Samus acquires a new item in all Metroid games, with the exception of Metroid: Other M. The Nintendo Entertainment System version of Metroid used a slightly different jingle (retained in Metroid: Zero Mission), while the Famicom Disk System version's jingle is similar to the more familiar flourish used in other games. On the Metroid Prime & Fusion Original Soundtracks, this theme is called the Get Item Jingle.
Below is a list of arrangements:
- Famicom version - 
- Metroid II: Return of Samus - 
- Super Metroid - 
- Super Smash Bros. - 
- Super Smash Bros. Melee - 
- Metroid Fusion - 
- Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, Metroid Prime Pinball, Metroid Prime Hunters, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption and Metroid: Samus Returns - 
- Metroid: Zero Mission -  and 
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U - 
- Jam With the Band - In the instrument trivia, this song is played to demonstrate the pipe organ.