In certain areas of the BSL station, uninfected Scisers can be seen in the background, and free-floating X Parasites will usually proceed to infect these; in rare cases, they will spontaneously form a Gold Sciser-X. These are much stronger than their average counterparts, and their claws can block some of Samus' weaponry.
- There are withered, rotten corpses of Scisers in Draygon's chamber. They may have been used as sustenance for the Evirs and Draygon.
- This species shares some similarities with the Tallon Crab, as they are both crustaceans which possess three eyes.
- While uninfected Scisers from both Super Metroid and Metroid Fusion possess three eyes, the X-mimics and infected variants found in the latter game have two eyes only. The loss of their middle eye is attributed to the X's gene manipulation.
- The creatures name may derive from the word Scissor, which is a cutting tool usually paired in two that looks similar to this creature's claws.
- Scisers are one of the few enemies easily dispatched with the Grappling Beam; this can help make short work of them in earlier encounters.
|Tallon IV||Aqua Reaper • Aqua Sac • Fish • Jelzap • Tangle Weed • Tallon Crab • ULF 23|
|Aether||Blogg • Bloggling • Alpha Blogg • Fish • Brizgee • Dark Blogg • Grenchler • Hydling • Krocuss|
|Dark Aether||Chykka • Dark Blogg • Dark Grenchler • Dark Phlogus • Dark Shredder • Flying Ing Cache • Venom Weed • Watchdrone|
|Zebes||Botwoon • Bull • Cacatac • Choot • Draygon • Evir • Gadora • Gamet • Oum • Owtch • Powamp • Puyo • Sciser • Skultera • Tatori • Tatori, Jr. • Yapping Maw • Yard • Zoa|
|Bottle Ship||Fish • Skultera|
|BSL||Evir-X • Gadora-X • Owtch-X • Powamp-X • Mermen Pirate • Sciser-X • Serris • Skultera-X • Yard-X|