A render of the lower floor in Scrapvault, from kipcarbone.net
|Game||Metroid Prime 3: Corruption|
|Notable features||Scarp, steps leading to Grab Ledge, Morph Ball tunnel, Circuit boards, gate that form steps|
|Significance||Location of a Missile Expansion, path through Pirate Research, access to Scrapworks|
|Enemies/wildlife||Urtragian Shriekbats, Phazon Grubs, Commando Pirates, Pirate Commander, Phaazoids|
DescriptionEditThe Scrapvault has a noticeable red atmosphere. There are several Space Pirate Crates and Heavy Phazon Canisters on the ground. Above Samus is a massive deceased bioform, apparently a former part of a bioengineering experiment. As Samus moves on, she will notice an access door blocking the exit, with cables powering the doors. Samus must use several platforms to get up to the unknown bioform, which has a hollowed-out area that Samus can walk through. A Grab Ledge on a Morph Ball tunnel entrance leads into the Scrapworks. Samus must traverse these tunnels to reach a high chamber above the Scrapvault, which features a control console that operates the access doors. However, it is not receiving any power, due to the fact that the second of two Circuit boards also in the chamber is malfunctioning. When repaired, the terminal may be used, and power to the access doors will be drained, causing them to retract. Two steps will also be formed out of two large blocks. Samus can now exit the Scrapvault.
Unfortunately, a small drone detects Samus upon her exit of the Scrapworks, and the Pirate Alarm System activates, sending a planet-wide alert to the Space Pirates that Samus is present on the homeworld. It is impossible to deactivate the system in time. As such, two Commandoes will come in to kill Samus, commanded by the Pirate Commander. Samus has the option to kill the Pirates or run from them.
- Scrapvault Lift (via Blue Door)
- Processing Access (via Orange Door)
- Scrapworks (via Morph Ball tunnel)
- 3 Phazon Grubs
- 2 Urtragian Shriekbats
- 2 Commando Pirates
- Pirate Commander (appears in cutscene)
- 3 Phaazoids (after Pirate Seed destruction)
- "Unknown bioform is deceased. Subject appears to be part of a bioengineering experiment."
- "Control station appears to be linked into the Space Pirate Command Network."
- "Access doors locked. Find and operate the door's control console to open them."
- "Power cables appear to be running from the access doors into a control station."
- Floor vent
- "Floor vent is releasing toxic amounts of Phazon vapor into the area."
- Control console
- "Control console operates nearby access doors, but is not receiving any power."
- Pirate Alarm System beacons
- "Pirate Alarm System is sending a distress call. Shoot the beacon to reset the alarm."