|This article is written
from the Real Life
point of view
Super Smash Brothers Melee, known as Dairantō Smash Brothers DX (大乱闘スマッシュブラザーズDX, lit. "Great Melee Smash Brothers Deluxe") in Japan, is a 2.5D fighting game for the Nintendo GameCube and the sequel to Super Smash Bros. Many aspects of the game from the original were improved on, such as graphics and the inclusion of more characters and arenas.
In the 1-P Adventure Mode, the player fights Samus on the Brinstar stage and then has to escape the exploding planet Zebes afterwards, much like the ending of Metroid or Super Metroid. The player does not have to escape but he or she does lose a life if time runs out.
See Event Match for a list of Metroid-centric Event Matches.
Samus is one of the 14 characters available from the start.
For a list of Samus' moves, see here.
- Orange and Red: Varia Suit
- Pink: Similar to the appearance of the Varia Suit when missiles are selected in the original NES Metroid.
- Black (Brown)
- Purple and Blue: Similar to the Gravity Suit in Super Metroid.
Used when Samus is on the Blue team.
The Metroid series' first (and only) Super Smash Bros. item, the Screw Attack, debuted in Melee. In this game, it was a held object that would cause a character's jumps to become Screw Attacks. The ball could also be thrown at an opponent to damage them and force them to involuntarily perform the maneuver.
- Samus Aran (x3)
- Screw Attack
- Chozo Statue
- Samus's Starship
- Samus Unmasked (only available through Japanese events or hacking)
Main article: List of characters in the Super Smash Bros. series
- Princess Peach Toadstool
- Fox McCloud
- Ice Climbers
- Captain Falcon
- Samus Aran
- Dr. Mario
- Falco Lombardi
- Young Link
- Mr. Game & Watch
In addition to the music above, a music album was released called Smashing...Live!, which featured fifteen rearranged themes from Melee, one of which was Depth of Brinstar, a fusion of the Brinstar and Brinstar Depths themes.
Debug Menu OptionsEdit
- SAMUS MASK GET' - Awards the "Samus Unmasked" trophy, normally unlocked through long-since-passed Nintendo events.
- SPLWSAMUS - If the CPU is Samus, she'll use her Down + B attack.