|This article is written
from the Real Life
point of view
Super Smash Brothers Melee, known as Dairantō Smash Brothers DX (大乱闘スマッシュブラザーズDX, lit. "Great Melee Smash Brothers Deluxe") in Japan, is a 2.5D fighting game for the Nintendo GameCube and the sequel to Super Smash Bros. Many aspects of the game from the original were improved on, such as graphics and the inclusion of more characters and arenas.
In the 1-P Adventure Mode, the player fights Samus on the Brinstar stage and then has to escape the exploding planet Zebes afterwards, much like the ending of Metroid or Super Metroid. The player does not have to escape but he or she does lose a life if time runs out.
In the 1-P Event Match Mode, Samus appears in several levels. She is one of the characters the player must fight in Bomb Fest (the other one being Link), Girl Power (along with Princess Zelda and Princess Peach Toadstool), and Hot Date on Brinstar (by herself). Samus is also the playable character in the events Cold Armour, where she must fight three metal versions of herself, and The Bounty Hunters, where she must compete against Captain Falcon to KO Bowser.
Samus is one of the 14 characters available from the start.
- A - Straight
- A, A - Cannon Hammer
- A (While dashing) - Shoulder Tackle
- Jump, A - Chozo Kick
- Jump, Forward Tilt + A - Aerial Fire
- Jump, Back Tilt + A - Flying Back Kick
- Jump, Up Tilt + A - Drill Kick
- Jump, Down Tilt + A - Meteor Cannon
- Forward Tilt + A - Spin Kick
- Diagonal Up Tilt + A - Spin Kick (High)
- Diagonal Down Tilt + A - Spin Kick (Low)
- Up Tilt + A - Heel Kick
- Down Tilt + A - Earth Blaster
- Forward Smash + A - Cannon Lunge
- Up Diagonal Smash + A - Cannon Lunge (High)
- Down Diagonal Smash + A - Cannon Lunge (Low)
- Down Smash + A - Spinning Leg Sweep
- Up Smash + A - Cover Fire
- B - Charge Shot
- Foward Tilt + B - Missile
- Forward Smash + B - Super Missile
- Up + B - Screw Attack
- Down + B - Bomb
- R + A (or Z) - Grappling Beam
- A - Chozo Chop
- Forward - Beam Throw
- Backward - Reverse Beam Throw
- Up - Beam Launch
- Down - Beam Slam
- Up on D-Pad - Bounty Pose
The Metroid series' first (and only) Super Smash Bros. item, the Screw Attack, debuted in Melee. In this game, it was a held object that would cause a character's jumps to become Screw Attacks. The ball could also be thrown at an opponent to damage them and force them to involuntarily perform the maneuver.
- Samus Aran (x3)
- Screw Attack
- Chozo Statue
- Samus's Starship
- Samus Unmasked (only available through Japanese events or hacking)
Main article: List of characters in the Super Smash Bros. series
- Princess Peach Toadstool
- Fox McCloud
- Ice Climbers
- Captain Falcon
- Princess Zelda/Shiek
- Samus Aran
- Dr. Mario
- Falco Lombardi
- Young Link
- Mr. Game & Watch
In addition to the music above, a music album was released called Smashing...Live!, which featured fifteen rearranged themes from Melee, one of which was Depth of Brinstar, a fusion of the Brinstar and Brinstar Depths themes.
Debug Menu OptionsEdit
- SAMUS MASK GET' - Awards the "Samus Unmasked" trophy, normally unlocked through long-since-passed Nintendo events.
- SPLWSAMUS - If the CPU is Samus, she'll use her Down + B attack.