|This article is written from the Real Life point of view|
Super Smash Bros. (Smash Bros., Smash, SSB) is a second party series of fighting games created by HAL Laboratories pitting various Nintendo characters from their games against each other, including Mario, Link, Kirby, and Samus Aran. So far all games feature Samus as a character, and all five games feature stages based on environments in the Metroid series.
The fourth and fifth installments, Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U, on both the Nintendo 3DS and Wii U, the former being the first handheld game in the series. In this installment, Samus was split into 2 different character slots as (Power Suit) Samus and Zero Suit Samus, with Zero Suit Samus getting a new Final Smash as a result.
Titles in the seriesEdit
- Super Smash Bros. (Nintendo 64)
- Super Smash Bros. Melee (Nintendo GameCube)
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii)
- Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U (Nintendo 3DS/Wii U)
Name in Other Languages Edit
|Language / Region||Name||Meaning|
|Japanese||大 乱闘 スマッシュブラザーズ
|Great Fray Smash Brothers|
- Some aspects that originated in Super Smash Bros. made their way into later Metroid games. Some of these aspects include Samus jumping twice, with her second jump causing her to Spin Jump. This appeared in Metroid Prime as the Space Jump Boots, which when viewed through another player's perspective in the Metroid Prime 2: Echoes Multiplayer resembles her double jumps in Smash. She was able to grab ledges in Super Smash Bros. before the mechanic was introduced in Metroid Fusion and featured in later games (although Samus was able to grab a ledge years before in Deceít Du Jour). Samus' forward air attack is called "Flame Thrower" in the Super Smash Bros. guide, and may have given inspiration for the Flamethrower weapon in Prime. Finally, the names "Zero Suit Samus" and "Paralyzer" were named in Brawl and reused in Metroid: Other M. In addition, several of Ridley's attacks on Samus in Metroid: Other M resembled similar attacks Ridley used on Samus in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.