|“||Unfortunate, what happened to Commander Malkovich. And to think that his entire unit was annihilated... Truly a tragic day... Would you agree, Aran?||„|
The Colonel is a Galactic Federation officer with an Irish accent seen at the end of Metroid: Other M. He is voiced by Stephan Weyte in the English version of the game and Katsuhisa Hōki in the Japanese version. His attitude suggests that he may have been trying to cover up Project Metroid Warriors, indicating he is a secondary antagonist.
He praises Samus Aran's work during the mission, and suggests she leave the rest to the Galactic Federation. When his troopers are struggling with a weeping Madeline, the Colonel says the death of Adam and 07th Platoon would be a tragic day, but with them gone Samus is an "outsider", and her unofficial status prevents her from contacting the client. However, Anthony Higgs turns out to be alive, and states that Adam's orders were to secure any survivors upon the BOTTLE SHIP which were authorized by the Supreme Chairman. He shows fury at Anthony's unexpected survival, but allows Anthony to escort Samus and Madeline off the BOTTLE SHIP in the end.
The Colonel accuses Samus of having a predilection towards transporting illegal cargo, and asks her to restrict her actions in future.
- It is possible that the Colonel was the Federation official seen in Metroid Fusion. This man also tried to cover up the Metroid cultivation program in the Restricted Laboratory, and wears a suit resembling the Colonel's uniform, minus the overcoat.
- As the Colonel seemed to be part of the cover up operation of the Deleter, he is likely an agent of the ringleaders, or in fact a leader himself.
- It is interesting to note that though the Colonel looks significantly older than Adam, he is actually lower in rank according to most worldwide military officer rank structures, since Adam was a General. However, this may have just been an oversight by game developers, evidenced by the fact that Adam was recently promoted to Commander (a rank normally associated with navies and is in fact several ranks below both General and Colonel).
- The Colonel does not appear in the Characters log on the pause screen after the credits. The reason for this is unknown, as every other individual Samus meets on the BOTTLE SHIP appears with a description on their status. This trait is also shared with the Head Quarantine Officer.
- The concept art of the Colonel is similar to the character Colonel Campbell of the Metal Gear series.